Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Well, it was so unanimous against that I took those white Florsheims BACK to the thrift store today. lol lol lol
(Swapped for an awesome vintage Harman/Kardon stereo receiver! :D )

HarpPlayerGene said:
^^ You never have to pull any punches with me, man. If I have thick enough skin to put up with cookie and Tomasso, then I can handle just about anything. ;) lol :D

Only you could trade in a pair of thrift shop shoes on a stereo...hmmmm now I remember... I need a new car....;)

The Shooman

Practically Family
An 1867 Syrian ceremonial dress shoo for children:
TexonOzshoo106.jpg

TexonOzshoo108.jpg

1967 Australian handmade boot. Anyone know why the tassles are like that? lt looks like a mop on the end of a shoo. lol
TexonOzshoo94.jpg

TexonOzshoo93.jpg

lt's big ugly brother. 1967.
TexonOzshoo77.jpg

TexonOzshoo75.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
Qirrel said:
How is that first one a dress boot? More like a loafer in my opinion.

lt's a dress boot because of all the decorative feathers....obviously a dress boot for peasants who generally run around shoeless.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
The Shooman said:
An 1867 Syrian ceremonial dress shoo for children:
TexonOzshoo106.jpg

TexonOzshoo108.jpg

1967 Australian handmade boot. Anyone know why the tassles are like that? lt looks like a mop on the end of a shoo. lol
TexonOzshoo94.jpg

TexonOzshoo93.jpg

lt's big ugly brother. 1967.
TexonOzshoo77.jpg

TexonOzshoo75.jpg

Suddenly, Gene's white Florsheims aren't lookin' too shabby... :p

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread...

I've been thinking, has the idea of making a separate forum on TFL for shoes ever been discussed? There's such a large amount of collectors, and most of us who are into dressing vintage have at least taken some steps to obtaining more than a few pairs of classically styled and vintage shoes. A new forum devoted to shoes would help to organize all the shoe threads floating around here. I think that it's a sizable amount of threads, and an important enough topic to deserve its own section... Ideas? Opinions? Or is it just too much work to take on right now?

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
fluteplayer07 said:
I've been thinking, has the idea of making a separate forum on TFL for shoes ever been discussed? There's such a large amount of collectors, and most of us who are into dressing vintage have at least taken some steps to obtaining more than a few pairs of classically styled and vintage shoes. A new forum devoted to shoes would help to organize all the shoe threads floating around here. I think that it's a sizable amount of threads, and an important enough topic to deserve its own section... Ideas? Opinions? Or is it just too much work to take on right now?
Ive been thinking the same thing! So where is it?
Wolfe

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I could see a Footwear section and Lord knows cookie and Gene would have a shoegasm.......:rolleyes:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
fluteplayer07 said:

Note to Bartenders agree wholeheartedly....

Tomasso said:
I could see a Footwear section and Lord knows cookie and Gene would have a shoegasm.......:rolleyes:

I get it... shoe tragics have shoegasms...what do the hat guys have?

cptjeff

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
You're right. The "One Stars" don't rate. I'll put on my "All Stars" and take a new shot for you! :D

I'm a much bigger fan of the All Stars then the one stars. Cleaner lines, a little more classic looking. No faux distressing.

That said, I flat out refuse to pay the $60 they're charging for 'em these days. Wal Mart makes near identical ones for all of $12, though a much more limited color selection (gray and navy).

As for the haters, Chucks have been made since the 20's, the lows since the 60's. They're simple canvas sneakers that quite certainly qualify as a vintage design.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cptjeff said:
I'm a much bigger fan of the All Stars then the one stars. Cleaner lines, a little more classic looking. No faux distressing.

That said, I flat out refuse to pay the $60 they're charging for 'em these days. Wal Mart makes near identical ones for all of $12, though a much more limited color selection (gray and navy).

As for the haters, Chucks have been made since the 20's, the lows since the 60's. They're simple canvas sneakers that quite certainly qualify as a vintage design.

AMEN, brother!! :D

I gotta' admit though, I beat the $y$tem again on my couple of pairs. Bought both the 'Ones' and the 'Alls' as new but from thrift stores. $4 for one pair, $5 for the other. Both black hightops - my favorite since I was a lil' kid. Just love the things. :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I guess they don't wear brown wingtips in FL anymore; that must be the 20th pair you've scored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner