Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

The Shooman

Practically Family
I still have its twin... same shoe, but in a whiskey calf.

I know, and you are a very VERY lucky man to own it. What's more is that the fit is wonderful. I LOVE Santoni norvegese and bentivegna.

Yes, you will never find anyone more appreciative of good shoos than me. Hopefully one day Cleverley will name a shoo after me, that would be the utimate honour as a shooman.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I know, and you are a very VERY lucky man to own it. What's more is that the fit is wonderful. I LOVE Santoni norvegese and bentivegna.

Yes, you will never find anyone more appreciative of good shoos than me. Hopefully one day Cleverley will name a shoo after me, that would be the utimate honour as a shooman.

You are a shoo-in for first ballot Hall Of Fame for shoe-men!

NOW, we've got yo get you a nice JM Weston Triple Sole Wingtip Derby. A real hand-sewn masterpiece.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You are a shoo-in for first ballot Hall Of Fame for shoe-men!

NOW, we've got yo get you a nice JM Weston Triple Sole Wingtip Derby. A real hand-sewn masterpiece.

One thing for sure, you have the best looking shoes around on the Market. I tell the youngsters to look at yout shoes on your website and on eBay to study them and see as much as they can looking at top quality vintage,

The JM Weston Triple sole, how does that line up with the sort of famous shoes from Italy that Nucky Thompson wears? Those shoes are some battleships with style as well.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
One thing for sure, you have the best looking shoes around on the Market. I tell the youngsters to look at yout shoes on your website and on eBay to study them and see as much as they can looking at top quality vintage,

The JM Weston Triple sole, how does that line up with the sort of famous shoes from Italy that Nucky Thompson wears? Those shoes are some battleships with style as well.

JM Weston is a French shoemaker. The 3x Sole Derby (590) and the Chasse (3x sole norwegian) are their flagship handmade models. Puts the garbage that Nucky wore in boardwalk empire (that were soooo wrong for the era) to shame.

http://www.jmweston.fr/en/derby-bou...et-bouts-acier-encastres-cousu-goodyear-17812

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Boy am I glad that I tune into this thread frequently! The shoe talk is fascinating to me. Now that Weston 3X sole derby is a charmer! I have been going thru the website with interest this evening. Wow -wow!

That 3X sole reminds me of the shoes that Isshinryu101 sold me a while ago that have a substantial sole. Pics below. I love this shoe and get lots of comments when I wear it about. I was traveling a couple of weeks ago and the TSA agents, checking me in to my very early flight were intrigued. We explored the shoes and talked about vintage shoes for a bit until their supervisor chased them back to looking for miscreants.

i-6RL9hWr-S.jpg

i-HbqXzLq-S.jpg

Keep the shoe discussion going as I am learning tons. best, Eric -

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Boy am I glad that I tune into this thread frequently! The shoe talk is fascinating to me. Now that Weston 3X sole derby is a charmer! I have been going thru the website with interest this evening. Wow -wow!

That 3X sole reminds me of the shoes that Isshinryu101 sold me a while ago that have a substantial sole. Pics below. I love this shoe and get lots of comments when I wear it about. I was traveling a couple of weeks ago and the TSA agents, checking me in to my very early flight were intrigued. We explored the shoes and talked about vintage shoes for a bit until their supervisor chased them back to looking for miscreants.

i-6RL9hWr-S.jpg

i-HbqXzLq-S.jpg

That is one of the all-time great Shell shoes, my friend! Forget the longwings... there are a million of them. A true 40's big welt style, and a 1 of a kind shoe (although I DO have the same shoe in tan calf)!! Wear in good health always!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

i-6RL9hWr-S.jpg

i-HbqXzLq-S.jpg

What do you think of THESE Big Guns, Shooman!?!?!?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
real nice!

Question for anyone who knows:
I came across this listing on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-3040s-D...SPADE-SOLE-CAP-TOE-OXFORD-SHOES-/161629699717
Everything about these shoes looks right for 1940s to me except for the imperial label. I did not think the imperial label was around yet at that time. Does anyone know how old these might be, or if the imperial line is just older than I thought?

I am not positive about the actual dates involved in the "Imperial" name, however I am going to make an educated guess, that before the Kenmore line came about, some of the Florsheim line was called Imperial. I would not doubt those cap toes are from the 1940's. Some of the most experts here may be able to chime up a better date than that. Myabe 1930's, but I think they just scream 1940's. Leap on them if you want them, I am sure those are going to be viewed by some that will want to leap on them as well. Those are super nice to say the least, and you know those are going to need a long drink of conditioner.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

Burma Schave

One of the Regulars
What are they then? A later custom order from a man looking for 1940s styling?

This is a six-eyelet Florsheim model that didn't change at all from the 1950s until the mid 1990s, when it was finally discontinued. It was available in black only, and could be found at just about any Florsheim shoe store. The price at the time of discontinuation was about $125.

Mormonopoly

Familiar Face
This is a six-eyelet Florsheim model that didn't change at all from the 1950s until the mid 1990s, when it was finally discontinued. It was available in black only, and could be found at just about any Florsheim shoe store. The price at the time of discontinuation was about $125.

I'm not sure this is the same shoe. i find it hard to believe that Florsheim produced such a common shoe for so long with the size and information hand written inside.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

pre 1950's design. All the way back to 30's, but with subtle shape & detail differences

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
What are they then? A later custom order from a man looking for 1940s styling?

Not really "custom", but it was specially ordered. Probably from a store that sold Florsheim shoes, rather than a "Florsheim Shop". Also, as far as your next post, you are correct. This shoe with the handwritten interior would not have been available in the 1970's or 1980's.

Burma Schave

One of the Regulars
Not really "custom", but it was specially ordered. Probably from a store that sold Florsheim shoes, rather than a "Florsheim Shop". Also, as far as your next post, you are correct. This shoe with the handwritten interior would not have been available in the 1970's or 1980's.

Then it most likely is a special-order one, but from the 1960s or so.

freakersea

New in Town
Got another pair of Florsheims with the old logo from the same thrift shop as the last pair. they are the 'Yale', they seem to be of a higher grade than the other pair, did florsheim ever have a line kind of like AE's independence line?, no idea of age and debating on keeping them or not, they do fit but are a little pointy in the toe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran