Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Leather braces (suspenders)

Braces said:
Great suit Paddy. Are those leather braces, Sir?

"Spot on!" All leather and brass with a piece of elastic on the back yolk.

WARNING re: Leather braces/suspenders; The leather can 'bleed' onto your shirt, especially 'old' leather. (PADDY'S TIP;) ): So give it a couple of coats of 'spray on' leather footwear protection before using.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Try not to fall off the fence.

Jovan said:
The sleeves are rather long, though I'd be on the fence of whether to shorten them or not!

Fences can be dangerous places to be playing on, mind the drop.

With reference to the above quoted statement regarding the early 40's 3pc, Master Jovan.

It appears that this suit has survived for well over 60 years now, so it would seem inappropriate to take the scissors to the sleeves of such a fine specimen of early 40's American tailouring.

I think that my short arms can live with that.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Way better images of my My Custom Tailor single breasted peak lapel three piece suit, brown with cream stripe, 5 1/2 inch peak lapels. Wearing with vintage tie and Akubra Campdraft.

1172717233_52a6fc8177_o.jpg

1172718539_ecef427e27_o.jpg

1173576630_c10f54e3e2_o.jpg

1173577424_d96dce031a_o.jpg

1172722323_d3f98601f2_o.jpg

1172724915_a1a0af24a3_o.jpg

1172726907_7d2c79d365_o.jpg

1173584608_46867898e0_o.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Now THAT is a good point (Does wearing a mint vintage item not destroy its mintyness?

Jovan said:
Aren't you compromising the mint condition already by wearing it, though? Wear = wear and tear = not mint anymore. :)

To wear or not to wear, there lies the question...

'Yes,' I agree with you saying that by wearing a mint item, it loses 'that mintyness' it once possessed.

But I personally would rather have that wear and care (not tear) of enjoying and breathing life into the vintage item, than see it rot away on a garbage heap (just because it's not today's contemporary fashion item).

Also, the pertinant point of wearing something and the 'possible' dangers therein versus 'invasive surgery/tailoring' of something when you can do without that....

If that's the choice I'm being offered, then I go with the wearing of the item.

Agreed. It may not be 'minty' anymore, but if you are familiar with these 'Depression Era' garments (especially men's suits/jackets..etc), they were built to last and be worn. Sixty-plus years on, well 'yes' of course I am going to be 'that bit more' careful, but like many others here who will testify, what a sheer pleasure and honour it is to wear such items and hopefully inspire others to take up the torch.

Rest assured, this baby will not be dying in a glass case. It will be living life to the full 'on me!'

GOOD POINT though!! Thankyou:eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
Atomic Glee said:
Way better images of my My Custom Tailor single breasted peak lapel three piece suit, brown with cream stripe, 5 1/2 inch peak lapels. Wearing with vintage tie and Akubra Campdraft.
What a suit! Nice job on the custom job Atomic Glee. MCT did a nice job on that one. :eusa_clap

Jovan said:
Aren't you compromising the mint condition already by wearing it, though? Wear = wear and tear = not mint anymore. :)
Good point and an often considered one when I wear vintage items. I wear with the full intention of doing as little harm to the garment as possible. It is a fine line to tread..

Rooster

Practically Family
COOL AG! How do you like it? I ordered one of those in Linen a couple days ago, I'm curious to hear what you think about yours. Looks sharp to me.:eusa_clap

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Rooster said:
COOL AG! How do you like it? I ordered one of those in Linen a couple days ago, I'm curious to hear what you think about yours. Looks sharp to me.:eusa_clap

I love mine. It's a great suit. They got the pants a little too tight in the waist, but I'm pretty sure that was my fault due to measuring. I should have specified high-waisted, as well, but with the vest and all it looks right.

Considering that they're not really all that vintage oriented, I think they did a smashing job. I'd order from them again with no hesitation.

I'm thinking, though, that I may go to a certain Lounger whose name rhymes with "Bindi Nagmoli" next time. His stuff is just toooooo tempting. I may go piecemeal, getting pants first, then a jacket.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Rooster said:
I beat you to it this time,;) I ordered the Marakkesh suit with the Nassua pants.

That's funny - the Marrakesh is at the top of my list. :) I don't know what I love about a good cotton suit, but I do. I dig my Peterman one, except for the !@$%#@^! low-waisted pants.

I have no idea what color I'd get, though. The suits I have at the moment are charcoal gray, navy blue, this brown MCT number, off-white linen, and the Peterman orangish-khaki cotton. I am terrible at deciding what looks best on me. I'd prefer something that would go with a panama, my brown Federation, and my sand Campdraft.

Considering how hot and humid it can get around here, and considering that I've already got a linen, I'm trying to figure out what I should go with. The cotton seems like a good choice.

Then again, I want to get a pair or two of Magnoli's Hollywood pants, to go with my Bill's Khakis, to help do away with my now-unloved lower-waisted pants. Darn you, Magnoli, and your tempting goods! :)

GBR

One of the Regulars
Atomic Glee

That's a mighty fine suit.

Do you have picture of the back and front of the trousers without the vest and of the inside of the jacket?

Starius

Practically Family
Here is my new suit:

Starius-f4.jpg
Starius-f6.jpg

Starius-f7.jpg
Starius-f8.jpg

I know I know... I should have a black fedora instead of a panama hat here. I'm intend to get one. And, unfortunately, the subtle pin striping in the suits didn't come out at all in these pics so I may have to take different pictures sometime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy