Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My most recent suit purchase. As I'm a fairly big guy (6'-6" and 360 lbs), I've had my suits custom made by Ravis Custom Tailors for the past seven or eight years. I've always been very pleased with their work, and this new suit is no exception. It's a charcoal gray wool gabardine. I wish I would have had the lapels made just a tad wider, but other than that (and that's not enough for me to fuss over) I like this suit best of all they have made for me in the past.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I totally agree. I find that of all my vintage suits, my two favorites are a simplest; a medium blue serge DB from the 40s and a charcoal gray SB 3-piece from the 30s. I wear them all the time.
Me too, only my forties suit, seen here, is a rare single breasted. The thirties suit, a made to measure zoot, is also single breasted.

Devon 003.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
Everything about that suit is sublime, your thumb joint is right where it should be ,button stance is spot on ,cut of the vest
is also spot on ,just a really good looking suit on a good looking big man !

Btw what make is the hat ?

All the Best, Fashion Frank

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Everything about that suit is sublime, your thumb joint is right where it should be ,button stance is spot on ,cut of the vest

You are so right, an impeccable suit, beautifully appointed. And, Frank, your suit for just twenty bucks has style all the way through it. Compliments to you. Perhaps I should have complimented my lady too. She made all her outfit, except the jacket, which she bought from I know not where. (I only pay for it!)

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
You are so right, an impeccable suit, beautifully appointed. And, Frank, your suit for just twenty bucks has style all the way through it. Compliments to you. Perhaps I should have complimeted my lady too. She made all her outfit, except the jacket, which she bought from I know not where. (I only pay for it!)

Thanks for the kodo's but dont sell yourself short , you look sharp as well and so does your lady , and I really like your
shoes , I have about 15 pairs but no saddle shoes gotta get me a pair of those soon .
Looking good my man !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Big Man

Thanks.

The hat is by Art Fawcett. It's a copy of one my grandfather had in 1928.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Just curious guys. You are going to a formal affair, the invitation states dress code as: Black tie. What will you wear? A black bow tie? Or is black tie a euphemism for: please dress formally? In this age of T-shirt, baggy shorts and trainers, people have to be told. What would you wear. I like an ivory tux with white bow tie.

Big Man

Just curious guys. You are going to a formal affair, the invitation states dress code as: Black tie. What will you wear? A black bow tie? Or is black tie a euphemism for: please dress formally? In this age of T-shirt, baggy shorts and trainers, people have to be told. What would you wear. I like an ivory tux with white bow tie.

If I received an invitation that said "black tie" I would take that to mean a black tux (or very dark midnight blue), white shirt, black bow tie, and vest.

Benny Holiday

Looking sharp gents - everyone! Makes me think how much fun it would be if we could all get together and just invade some town for the day and freak out all the ball cap-baggy T-shirt and shorts wearers out there! lol

Here's a 1940s number I purchased from the esteemed hatter and all-round gentleman Art Fawcett a few years back:

GEDC0324_zpsb09dec06.jpg

Rich dark brown with red and grey stripes. One of my favourites.

Benny Holiday

Thanks gents! Back at ya Pera! That's funny about the people in the car, the way things are around here these days I was just happy they weren't shooting at me as they drove past. :eeek:

Benny Holiday

Ever since I saw Public Enemies I've become a fan of the BAR, but I wouldn't knock back a Thompson either! :D But the Tommy does go better with the mocking laughter! lol

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1930s K&M 3 Piece Suit.

The trousers are too small, the waistcoat is perfect, and the jackets sleeves are a bit too short... but some alterations may fix those small issues. Other than that, this suit is perfect!

s113.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24