Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Just picked up this mis-matched Palm Beach suit with a bunch of other pieces. I debated whether to keep it or not as it fits me fairly well (only needs the trousers let down slightly).

But I decided to give it a shot. There are some stains throughout that I'm working on. I just soaked the jacket in some soapy water and it's looking good.

The jacket is from the Bold Look while the trousers are NRA tagged, so from the mid-1930s. Even so, the material and color of both match and the pieces combine to make a nice looking suit.

If all goes well this will be my first cream summer suit as well as my first Palm Beach suit. Just in time for winter...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
This suit is too big and short for me so off to the classifieds it goes.

Dated 1951, belonged to a local doctor. I had no idea there was a "custom tailor" in my hometown. Love the fabric pattern on this one.

A little different. Late 1940s, German.

lederkombi1.jpg

lederkombi3.jpg

lederkombi4.jpg

lederkombi91.jpg

lederkombi10.jpg

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
That is really crazy, in how it combines the modern utilitarianism of the snap pockets and cafe racer throat tab, with the ancient ornamentation of those buttons and epaulettes.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
It might project more than one image! Neither of them are my scene!!!

I'm wondering what boots you will be wearing it with? Old style, lace up front, knee high leather and canvas boots?

Luftwaffles

One of the Regulars
After several months of bargain-hunting, my black tie ensemble is complete. Instead of the abominations that most wear to prom, I decided to go with a worsted Spencer jacket with matching trousers, a nice turndown collar shirt, black tone-on-tone self-tie bow tie, black silk cummerbund and patent leather oxfords.

1383626_524195447671647_519964827_n.jpg
On a side note: I hate camera flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner