Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Starius said:
Here is my new suit:

Starius-f4.jpg
Starius-f6.jpg

Look at you, Starius--that haircut, that suit, you clean up very nice indeed!

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
Thank you :) I actually bought a slightly smaller brimmed black fedora that's better for it yesterday. The wide one is great with my all black suit and purple silk tie though, was always sharp when singing Royal Crown Revue songs :)

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
One of my suits.

2288882510102086289S600x600Q85.jpg
2066051900102086289S600x600Q85.jpg
This is my first post here although I have been learning from you gentlemen for the past month or so. I am very impressed with what I have seen here so far. So I though I would share a couple of photos of my girlfriend and I. This is us a week ago. We were going to a friend's wedding. Let me know what you guy's think.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fabulous outfits for a wedding.

Marvellous photos Enigma. I just hope you didn't upstage the bride and groom when you both looked so good!!:eusa_clap

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Enigma1947 said:
This is my first post here although I have been learning from you gentlemen for the past month or so. I am very impressed with what I have seen here so far. So I though I would share a couple of photos of my girlfriend and I. This is us a week ago. We were going to a friend's wedding. Let me know what you guy's think.

Wow, well done. For some reason, even if you have everything authentic and perfect, it is still hard to capture a truly vintage look. You, my friend, have done it extremely well. Not only that, but your fit is perfect. Sometimes a plain blue suit can seem so ordinary. It is nice to have a reminder that the simple basics can look fantastic if worn well.

Funny, when I first saw your post, it was only with the color pic showing. I was thinking that your pic, if it were in black and white or sepia would look truly authentic. And lo and behold, when I return to y computer, there it is.

Where are your shoes from?

carter

I'll Lock Up
Enigma, Great look. You both look Mahvelous!

Starius, What a terrific look. Who was the suit maker? I'm still looking for a nice 3-piece in 50 Reg.

Have a swell Sunday!

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
Thanks guys!

Reetpleat,
My shoes are brand new from Brooks Brothers. Can you believe it!? They are pretty much the exact same cut they were doing in the early 1940's. You can get them right now on their website in the clearance footwear section. They are black leather and white buck. Made by Peal & Co. in England, exclusive to Brooks Brothers. Buy them! You will not be disappointed.

Starius

Practically Family
carter said:
Enigma, Great look. You both look Mahvelous!

Starius, What a terrific look. Who was the suit maker? I'm still looking for a nice 3-piece in 50 Reg.

Have a swell Sunday!

Thanks, Carter.
It is a IMANI UOMO suit from a eBay store seller called Suit 2 Suit.
I really like that 3 piece suit style too. I was very satisfied with my purchases from this seller. (I won't say what I paid for it, but I'll just say that I made a very satisfactory "Best Offer" below the buy it now price.

dostacos

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
I have to say, that group photo came out very well! Is there a larger shot of that by any chance? I'd like to have a copy seeing I'm in it.

Root.

PS. Can't remember if this I put this up yet, if not cool, if so, oh well!

1131362img9ar.jpg
your Texas Ranger Frank Hamer the cop that got Bonnie and Clyde right?:eek:yet again posted the WRONG pictures

dostacos

Practically Family
Big Man said:
This brings back memories of some of the things I did at 16 - way back in 1971. I'd tell you about them, but then I'd have to kill you ... :)

Here's a picture of my 16 year old daughter. This is her Prom picture. Some things never change ... :)

IMG_1652.jpg
well I guess when she says NO! that is really, REALLY means NO!, good looking young Lady

dostacos

Practically Family
Brad Bowers said:
Gee, how come girls didn't pack heat at my prom???? :cool:

Great photo! There's just something special about girls with guns...

Brad
When Emily Procter [Calleigh Duquesne] walked into the gun locker of CSI Miami, looked around and said, "be still my heart" I fell madly in lust. A beautiful hot blond who loves guns what more could you ask for....oh yeah that she is the mother of your children. I got 3 out of 4 and #3 my wife tolerates and well she does need a wee bit of help to keep the blond, if I can just get her to love gunslol

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Enigma1947 said:

Supremo! Talk about period-perfect. You both look awesome. Bet you guys turned heads at that wedding!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner