Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Marc Chevalier said:
Way smaller than size 40: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160386568700

Jamespowers, show us the vintage suits that you wear! :) :eusa_clap

Yesterday was a Hickey Freeman from 1952. Blue with an intricate weave pattern. Three button Long.
The day before that was a custom made heavy wool with dual breast pockets---all four pleated. I wore a pocket square in only one but some day I might use two. :p Same year 1952.
I don't do pictures.
You could send along a nice crisp $50 and maybe I might send you one via post though. :p

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
jamespowers said:
I don't do pictures.

Why not? [huh]

How about this: can you post photos of just the suits themselves (like in the image below)? You don't have to be wearing them. Thanks!

VIK_MUNIZ-scaled-516-596.jpg

Ok, I took the time to get pictures of about half my suits. here you go:
tuxedoes.jpg

This is about 1/3 of my tuxedoes and tails. You can see the last one with its midnight blue pattern from 1929.

suits-in-closet.jpg

These are sport coats and pants. The blue gaberdine is a custom made from 1949 that I picked up from a theatre company years ago.

suits-in-closet2.jpg

This the other half of the sportcoats. The tanish one has pleated pockets---two breast pockets as well. 1952. To the left of that is my son's brown pinstripe double breasted from the 1940s.

suits-in-closet3.jpg

From left to right a custom made three piece from 1956, a tweed Oviatts from the 50s, the next three are custom three pieces from the 50s, the next is a double breasted from 1946, a double breasted seersucker, a dark blue suit with inverted pleat pants and a windowpane suit.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
A new one for me. My second "Fashion Park" suit.

Bought it with the intention of selling it but the measurements I was provided with were way off. Turns out it fits me perfectly and I, being a lover of Fashion Park, had to keep it.

001-14.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-9.jpg

Faded buttons? All are white on the front, purple on the back.
004-7.jpg

Original owner must have loved this suit since not only was it perfectly cared for but he also kept a record of it.
005-5.jpg

The trousers are flat front, which I'm not usually a fan of but these are great.

Staredge

One of the Regulars
This is sort of my first suit. eBay special, $15.......but just for the jacket/vest. REALLY hoping I can find a pair of pants to match. as I can't wait to wear it. Bill Blass Premier Collection. 100% wool, made in the USA.

suitn.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
That's not a photo of me; it's of my friend, the owner of the suit.

I was going to say, I hear having children ages a person, but that extreme would have been ridiculous! :p

P.S. - Amazing suit! Thanks for posting it!

mike

Call Me a Cab
What is my major malfunction?! I'm too long in the sleeve and I need a tripod to take closer, crisper pictures.

DSCN0883.jpg

DSCN0884.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

DSCN0886.jpg

DSCN0887.jpg

I was in a rush getting out of the house. But next time I take this 1931-dated suit out for a spin around town, I will take many more pictures of all the incredible details on this beauty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner