Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Definitely, though it's very rare that I find something in my size! Usually it's much smaller stuff, and I buy it and give it to my more petite friends!

Yes! Same thing here. Something will fit in the waist but not the bust, or it's just too small altogether! Oh the perils :p

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
StaceFace said:
Yes! Same thing here. Something will fit in the waist but not the bust, or it's just too small altogether! Oh the perils :p

Definitely! The bust is snug and the waist requires foundation garments, but I can just...not breathe or move...right? Actually it's not all that bad, I wouldn't wear it if I were afraid it might tear.

Forgotten Man said:
Good job on the black rayon drape! Amazing what some still find at Goodwill!

Thanks! Amazing right? It's actually navy, with nary a spot on it! Even the two talon zippers work perfectly.

I've had decent luck with vintage at this store. It's great. This is the best though, although I got that fabulous vintage tooled leather purse I posted a few pages ago at a Savers -- also a great find.

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
I really scored this past week- I hit my favorite thrift, a rummage sale and a flea market all within three days.

At the thrift I got these amazing men's shoes:

100_3276.jpg

At the rummage sale I found this 30s knit outfit, which fits me perfectly and looks like it was never worn, and this 40s rayon blouse, as well as the three vintage outfits for my daughter.

100_3258.jpg

100_3263.jpg

100_3266.jpg

At the flea market, I got this Toastmaster toaster for free! It works perfectly and seems to have hardly been used.

100_3267.jpg

64tonya

One of the Regulars
I'm in love...

Not exactly thrift store but...I have a friend who's been telling me she has some vintage clothes of her mom's. Today she throws this huge pile of clothes at me and says I can give her $ or not or whatever...

Too much cool stuff to list like vintage 20's silk kimono, 40's broadtail lambs fur swing coat with blue fox collar and cuffs (mint!)...A lot of this was her Great Grandmother's including the dress I fell in love with and happily is a perfect fit...:D :D :D :D :D

The piping is forest green and the fabric is a rough textured weave with flecks of color, it has some age spots but I'm sure these will wash out. Original belt.
IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

Sorry, I swear I resized these! Fashion savvy but not a techie!

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Vintage Betty said:
Wow that's fantastic! Must have been meant to be. Show more and congrats. :)
Thanks Vintage Betty, once Midterms are over I'll try to post some stuff. Much will be offered for sale :)

Caroline

One of the Regulars
An odd one

I found this at the thrift store for $10. It looks to be some sort of Apostolic Blessing circa Pope Leo.

002-4.jpg

I'll have to get it cleaned up someday. Feels kind of odd and wrong to have it when someone else probably really values it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner