Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

I have not, but then again, with you living in California and all; I'm sure you've smoked lots of things I've never smoked.

Not me. I don't go near that hippie stuff. It gives you Hippie Brain. :p

Oh and last weekend I picked up a print of two black panthers by Erich. The frame had four panels of mirror but two were missing and the ones that were there were lousy. I had the local glass lady replace them all and now I wouoldn't take $500 for it. :p Nice buy for $5
I can't find anything about it anywhere though. Strange.

Last edited:

Argee

One of the Regulars
$2 at an estate sale
1945 Nassau Green Parker 51. This is one of the scarce colors. Needs a new cap, but the pen itself, which is the rare part, is in good shape.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
50's night stand for free
DSCN562456.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I went to the monthly diecast show today and here's what I picked up in the way of vintage car diecast models:

Top: 1950 Chevy Panel truck; Bottom Left: 1955 Lincoln Futura; Bottom Right: 1955 Ford Crown Victoria
and then I just HAD to pick these up! :p

You're quite the collector, Vic! Unless I'm much mistaken, I believe that the Lincoln futura model you have there was the basis for the Batmobile in the 1960's Adam West Batman series.

DNO

One Too Many
One of the things I always look for when I'm trolling thrift stores is signed books. I was excited to find this one today. I've been hoping to find a signed copy of this one for quite some time.

Screenshot2012-06-29at74958PM.png

Screenshot2012-06-29at75007PM.png

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
I found this book at a yard sale for a quarter today. Unfortunately it won't make me rich but it is very interesting to me to see the way space travel was imagined at around the time I was born. Some cool illustrations from the golden age of children's picture books.
spaceshipQuicke-mailview.jpg

Wm. H Horstmann bugle. I have no idea how old it is but it looks like Spanish American war. It also looks like they used it as a bludgeon in said war. :p
The wife picked up a Singer Model 9510 sewing machine with the Queen Anne cabinet/table and a huge amount of attachments for $20. I took it directly to my sewing machine repair guy to have him go through it and make sure it runs fine.
Lastly I picked up a $10 three beater mixer. Not too bad for a weekend.

Sled Dog

Familiar Face
Calendar Plates

I was cruising the thrift store the other day and for some reason I looked through a stack of those souvenir, collector plates.
Usually they are from some town, state or tourist attraction...and most of them were, except these two.
cal6.jpg

These are advertising, calendar plates from Karl Lehto in Sudbury, Ontario
A Google search shows that Karl Lehto was a tailor and had his own mens clothing store.
Karl was also a wrestler, here is a picture of Karl in 1919
cal10.jpg

"August 30, 1919
Karl Lehto, local tailor and the holder of the World 190 lb championship title in wrestling, to meet A.J. Thorne in a match in Sudbury."

This plate is mint and is from 1934
cal2.jpg

cal5.jpg

cal7.jpg

This one is from 1936 and seems to of yellowed, I dont think its supposed to be this color
cal3.jpg

cal4.jpg

Both plates are made in England by Woods Ware
cal9.jpg

I had never seen a calendar plate before, glad I looked through those tacky souvenir plates from the 80's :D

Thanks for looking

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Yesterday I picked up this cute little square purse at a vintage fair, for $10. Inside were a small, loose mirror, and a pair of S&H Green Stamps of a design older than the 50s-70s style I remember as a child. The only mark is a faint emboss on the interior leather, that shows a snail-like design, and seems to say "DENSCH" or "BENSCH", though it's so vague I can't really make it out. Anyway, it's the darlingest thing, and I took myself right away to Ross in order to purchase a wallet small enough to fit.

7483532306_af12157aec_c.jpg

Yesterday I picked up this cute little square purse at a vintage fair, for $10. Inside were a small, loose mirror, and a pair of S&H Green Stamps of a design older than the 50s-70s style I remember as a child. The only mark is a faint emboss on the interior leather, that shows a snail-like design, and seems to say "DENSCH" or "BENSCH", though it's so vague I can't really make it out. Anyway, it's the darlingest thing, and I took myself right away to Ross in order to purchase a wallet small enough to fit.

7483532306_af12157aec_c.jpg

Nice! Even the cat approves. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner