Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
1aaa5ae3-9b5c-455f-97aa-1f4558ad24a3_zpsc38aeeb9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My latest Estate/Auction find. A Stickley Leopold's chair. Classic look and very comfortable.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Does someone know what this is? It used to light up at the bottom. The guy I got it from had thought maybe an ashtray, but I wonder who knows for sure? The square cutouts are different sizes, and the top bit is loose enough to spin around.
vintagedecostand_zps28352941.jpg

Does someone know what this is? It used to light up at the bottom. The guy I got it from had thought maybe an ashtray, but I wonder who knows for sure? The square cutouts are different sizes, and the top bit is loose enough to spin around.
vintagedecostand_zps28352941.jpg

Wow! Ana agate glass ashtray stand! They look like this when fully outfitted:
Two of the holes are for ashtrays and the others were for accessories. Kind of like this:

You could find them on railroad cars of the age too. Great find!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
^ Thanks for that. Those sure are pretty when they're polished up. I'll clean mine as best I can, and maybe even have a go at getting the base to light up again.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I don't think he had any other parts, as he was selling it as-is. Still, for $15 I reckon it's a charming bit of decoration. My first purchase from him was a deco phonograph cabinet that still had the turntable but the rest of the guts were long gone. It's pretty shabby, but has lovely lines and could possibly be turned into a cocktail cupboard.

I don't think he had any other parts, as he was selling it as-is. Still, for $15 I reckon it's a charming bit of decoration. My first purchase from him was a deco phonograph cabinet that still had the turntable but the rest of the guts were long gone. It's pretty shabby, but has lovely lines and could possibly be turned into a cocktail cupboard.

I am sure you can find the parts if you searched for them. Then again, I am not seeing you as an avid cigar smoker such as I. :p Why can't I find things like that? All I got at Alameda Point last time were two Krome Kraft goblets for my set. :p
They look like this:

Except mine were clear and amber---not green. I have enough green. :p

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Gosh, if you lived nearer, I might consider a swap for some of those goblets. ;) Now that I know what to look for for my non-smoker's ash tray, I'll be keeping an eye out. Thanks.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
$70 down from $150 > $95 > $85...

It's an ash-bin for our fireplace. Solid...copper, I believe it is. Hinged, chain-arrested lid, and two ring-handles on the sides for carrying.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Dad and I spent some time in the country this weekend. We left on Saturday morning, and went hopping from town to town. We stayed the night in a little motor-inn, and then did more hopping on the way home. We were religiously checking out every single antiques shop in every town that we drove through. Here's what we purchased:

Pocket magnifying glass. Made of brass.

Wood and leather bellows with brass rivets and copper nozzle. Brand-new.

And this:

We paid $250.00 for it, firewood not included.

Here's the bellows and the fuel-bin along with all our other bits and pieces:

The bellows hang neatly on the fire-rack with all the other tools.

Tonight's fire:

That big chunk of wood at the back is an old fence-post.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here is what I picked up a few weeks ago at a yard sale. It was totally by chance, I hit a red light, which at that intersection, the camera does not sense motorcycles, so long wait. I decides to take a right then left to hook back up to the road I was on. After taking the left, there was the 550 Four, after some negotiations it was mine. Has less then 8000 miles on it, with all the warning stickers still in place.
IMG_20130619_151024_587_zpsff925a39.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Great buy Stearmen.....I had one of those some years ago mine was fitted with alloy Comstar wheels with twin disk front brakes....despite everyone raving about the 400_4 Honda I consider the 550 to be the better machine....I had a 400-4 too just prior to the 550....Great purchase.

Here is what I picked up a few weeks ago at a yard sale. It was totally by chance, I hit a red light, which at that intersection, the camera does not sense motorcycles, so long wait. I decides to take a right then left to hook back up to the road I was on. After taking the left, there was the 550 Four, after some negotiations it was mine. Has less then 8000 miles on it, with all the warning stickers still in place.
IMG_20130619_151024_587_zpsff925a39.jpg

Ok, how much? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ