Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

rlk

I'll Lock Up
5126121647_e03e4ddbee_b.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
That bag was all 'tied' up tight around the box - - but are you kiddin'!? You bet I opened it up and dug around before plopping down ten WHOLE dollars.

If you use the online HPG Thrift Shopping calculator, you'll see that $10 to me is like $1,257 in Tomasso money. lol

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Couldn't get a rise out of anyone, huh?

Oh well, after wading through about sixty godawful polyester abominations I was able to arrive at these keepers:

DSCN4479.jpg

DSCN4461.jpg

There were also a couple dozen decent all silk contemporary ties, and three fifties/sixties skinnies. Might be able to sell that lot and break even on the deal...

Oh well, after wading through about sixty godawful polyester abominations I was able to arrive at these keepers:

DSCN4479.jpg

DSCN4461.jpg

There were also a couple dozen decent all silk contemporary ties, and three fifties/sixties skinnies. Might be able to sell that lot and break even on the deal...

Not bad. The palm tree one is nice. Good luck in selling the 50s-60s ties. I can never get much for mine. [huh]

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

DSCN4479.jpg

DSCN4461.jpg

You got some nice ones there, Gene, especially the gazelle and palms ones (the latter with a Florida tag).

TrenchGuy

One of the Regulars
I am ashamed of this, but at the moment I only own one tie...
Should I even bother posting a picture of it?

Btw, how do you guys store your ties? Some people say they should be rolled loosely and some say they should be hung. I personally hung the tie overnight to get rid of all wrinkles and after that I roll it loosely. Am I doing it right?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy