Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Brown National Day - late 50's?

BrownNational2.jpg

Yeah, it likely is late-'50s, judging by the width. For me, square-bottomed ties are collectibles.

Is that what that is called? A planned knot. I have one tie that has a pattern on the tie but a different pattern where the knot is tied so it has a really cool look.

Yes. That is a knot planned tie. Hut was one of the companies that really made quite a lot of them. The ties were designed so that when tied, the knot would have one pattern and the tie blade would be another. It works very well too. As long as you are aware of that, the tie can be tied without much worry about getting it right. :D

Oh and I got my Cowboy ties book and finished it a few days ago. I would say it was worth the $1.50 I spent for it. Many handpainted cowboy theme tie pictures along with a few string ties, bolas and scarfs. I actually have a few ties that are similar to the pictures. I guess that makes me a cowboy tie collector now. :p

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Not sure if this is the right place to post but I have a question for all you seasoned tie collectors!

I have quite a few vintage ties from the thrift store which are crinkled and have lost their shape, how can I get them looking wearable again? Is there some way to gently iron the ties without making them 2D and flat? :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn