Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Agree. Feraud had mentioned this about a year ago, making our own book, but getting more into the history of the manufacturers. I would like to see a book devoted to hand-painted and novelty ties.

I would love to see a handpainted and novelty tie book as well. I might have a few to contribute to that. :p
We probably have enough ties in this thread to make two books. :D

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, got a chance to wear my new Wembley today.

Photoon2011-05-06at2047.jpg

Dan'l

Practically Family
^^^ I like the style Widebrim, it has a Van Gogh look to it with the waves and swrils.

Here are a couple of ties that I picked up over the weekend for a buck each. They were filthy when I bought them but cleaned up real nice. I need to iron or press them but am unsure of the material, it seems synthetic like rayon but if it's acetate I don't want to ruin them with the iron. The one on the left with the diamonds has two tags, one is Mort Cooper 151 No. State St. Chicago (I assume the haberdasher) and the other is Fidelity Cravats (I assume the maker). The tie with the flowers and leaves has one label that says Posner's Men's Wear Chicago.

Any suggestions for cleaning and pressing vintage ties?

P5080042.jpg

I also received a parcel from Widebrim in the mail yesterday. Just one day after Mother's Day and it seemed like Father's Day for me. :)

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^^ I like the style Widebrim, it has a Van Gogh look to it with the waves and swrils.

P5080042.jpg

It does have than Van Gogh look to it. Yours are both are nice, especially the one on the left. Here's mine for today:

Photoon2011-05-11at1452.jpg
Photoon2011-05-11at14522-1.jpg

c.Mid-'50s, pure silk, from Y'vel, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills. I like the pattern, including the knot scheme. If you purchased it from Rodeo Drive these days, it'd likely cost at least $50...on markdown.

Last edited:
It does have than Van Gogh look to it. Yours are both are nice, especially the one on the left. Here's mine for today:

Photoon2011-05-11at1452.jpg
Photoon2011-05-11at14522-1.jpg

c.Mid-'50s, pure silk, from Y'vel, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills. I like the pattern, including the knot scheme. If you purchased it from Rodeo Drive these days, it'd likely cost at least $50...on markdown.

A knot planned tie. Nice. You got it tied correctly too. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace