Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

oo-err missus.

View attachment 161
pencil.png

Had a couple Ebay bucks, so I had to snag this Como art deco tie. Just recieved it today. It may be hard to tell from the picture, but it's Navy, black, olive, silver, and grey. All silk and made in the USA.:usa2:
002-1.jpg

It's a nice art deco tie. I got a couple about 7-8 years ago at the 4 Day Suit broker that have some art deco designs. They are also the longest ties I own- maybe longer than 72 inches. One is a Stacy Adams if Iremember right. Took the chain thingy off.

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
^That tie is a nice shorter length making a nice belly warmer.
I have a Stacy Adams tie and it's pretty long which I kinda don't like, but those are quality ties. I got a tiny dab of pizza sauce on mine one time and I lightly wiped it off with a dry paper napkin and it didn't even leave a spot.
You can find new Stacy Adams ties on Ebay for about 11$ all together, while other sites sell em for like 25+ not even including the shipping.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Here's a nice Beau Brummell with a randomly placed abstract object. The label is the best part, though. It measures a rather large one inch by two inches...

beau2100.jpg
[/IMG]

beau.jpg
[/IMG]

^^Love the old Beau Brummell logo.

I do too but it makes me laugh when it comes to the historical Brummell. He would have never worn a red coat like that---or even a red stick pin. :rofl: He was the one responsible for men wearing much less color in their wardrobes in his time. He liked black---a lot. To see him portrayed as dressed "like a peacock" would not exactly thrill him. :p

LuckyKat

Practically Family
You beat me on that auction! I collect the "mirror" ties...they were primarily made in the 40s & 50s, but I've seen 60s & 70s versions as well.

Most that you find out there are peoples names, which are fantastic because of how personal they are...I have about 20 or so of them, plus I have one that spells out"BS". They are real works of are because they were hand done forward & backwards.

My gf made me a couple & she struggled on the first 3 & then started to get the hang of it on the 4th tie...I'll post some pictures when I have a chance.h

I hesitate to post this but I'll leave it up to your imagination. My latest acquisition and the first one of this type that I have ever seen:
View attachment 161
pencil.png

You beat me on that auction! I collect the "mirror" ties...they were primarily made in the 40s & 50s, but I've seen 60s & 70s versions as well.

Most that you find out there are peoples names, which are fantastic because of how personal they are...I have about 20 or so of them, plus I have one that spells out"BS". They are real works of are because they were hand done forward & backwards.

My gf made me a couple & she struggled on the first 3 & then started to get the hang of it on the 4th tie...I'll post some pictures when I have a chance.h

Sorry about that but that one was just too different not to go after.:D I have plenty of the name and initial ties as well but I always wonder if I wear it who will actually get the idea that they can read what it says. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy