Show us your TIES

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Veronica Parra, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Cicero

Cicero A-List Customer

2. HosManHatter

HosManHatter One of the Regulars

Some gorgeous examples of vintage,classic,and modern neckware,gentlemen. Here`s the lion`s share of what I`ve managed to collect over the past 6 months or so:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of these were purchased at local thrift stores,consignment stores,or Goodwill stores for $1.00 ea or less.Most are pure silk but some are polyester.

3. HosManHatter

HosManHatter One of the Regulars

Forgot to include the two silk ascots I found in the summer for @2.00ea. The red one is a Robert Talbott and the RT website shows their ascots priced at a whopping $145.00 ea !! :eeek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HMH

4. I am glad Marc thinks so. I have the same tie in a rust/brown background. :p I might sell it for that much too. :p

5. QUOTE=jonas8;1367247]This is the tie my grandfather wore on his wedding day in 1931. That night, he loosened the knot and placed it in a drawer, and supposedly never wore it again. My grandmother discovered it after his death, and gave it to my mom, who then placed it into a frame. I discovered it when I was a kid and decided I wanted to wear it on my own wedding day. Unfortunately, time has not been kind to it and it's a bit tattered.

Does anybody recognize this pattern? I'm really hoping I can find one very similar to wear, as my wedding day is coming up next year. If anyone owns one or has seen one like it, please let me know!

Thanks!!!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

I am sure you could find something similar with a careful search of eBay. I see similar ties for sale all the time. The same color and pattern might be fairly hard though. Knowing the maker would help quite a bit though.

6. Outstanding! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

7. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Picked these up last week at a Kansas City antique mall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dan'l

Dan'l Practically Family

^^^ Great find, all four are beautiful. What labels do they have? They appear to be in great condition.

9. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Thanks! Only the top two have labels.

[​IMG]

Yes they are all in very good condition. This vendor had many old ties in very good condition. Also a bunch of interesting vintage clothing I didn't have a chance to look through.

10. Dan'l

Dan'l Practically Family

In that case, you might want to get back there soon.
    The Penney's Towncraft is my favorite of the four, and I like all four very much.

11. Tommy

Tommy One of the Regulars

Yes, consider it an investment. I really like that brown one with the swordlike motif

12. the Penny's one has the type of design I tend to go for. Top knotch.

13. The McCurrah looks like a high quality tie. They were a higher end tie and shirt maker of the time. You did well with all four though. :D

14. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

A deep red square-ender with a simple emblem from the Goodwill this morning.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  16. Great find!

17. repeatclicks

repeatclicks Practically Family

[​IMG]<p>
    [​IMG]

18. A great example of a Beau Brummell.

19. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

Yowza! And I thought Cutter Cravats were the wild ones....:cool:

20. Cicero