Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
esteban68, i've never seen pointed knit / crochet ties in 20s-30s catalogues. that's not to say they didn't exist, just that i haven't seen them. so i would also guess it's modern.
either way, it's a nice tie !

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
And the tie of the day is a vintage "brand name."
$(KGrHqVHJCUFGnNfS((jBRq6ki()sg~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJFMFGNg9VPm4BRq6kiClig~~60_57.JPG

Schiaparelli was definitely a step up, when it came to designs...

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
cheers chaps, it's a keeper whatever it's age.

regrets JP we've all been there, it's difficult sometimes though as your mind says take a picture but then you get to thinking if I look/appear too interested then the price will go up!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
A local charity shop I frequent has recently put it's 'vintage' ties upto £3.75 each! it's criminal and can only be because they've spied me picking through them:rolleyes:, they used to be 50 pence each as for vintage I am talking 50's-60's Terylene and woolen ones!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
The silk? Knitted one was a whole ten Bob!.... Often charity shop vintage means anything over 10 years old so not vintage at all all and because of that they sometimes price stuff way above its worth and being a 'charity' shop its seen as bad form to try and barter down as opposed to a car boot where bartering is almost expected.

The silk? Knitted one was a whole ten Bob!.... Often charity shop vintage means anything over 10 years old so not vintage at all all and because of that they sometimes price stuff way above its worth and being a 'charity' shop its seen as bad form to try and barter down as opposed to a car boot where bartering is almost expected.

We barter down here---no matter where it is. :p In all reality though, if they do not sell items then it isn't getting them anywhere to overprice them. They get money when they sell things therefore price them to sell. :D
I would be more interested in car boot sales where you are then. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot