Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Posted this one in the 'what are you wearing today?' thread and thought i'd post it here as well:

IMG_2255copy_zps242ce4bd.jpg

I saw this in the other thread. It's pretty neat, I've never seen a knit one with any pattern to it. Couldn't tell with your sweater, I'm curious how it's tied.

Quetzal

One of the Regulars
Nice and in keeping with the tropical theme. :p Better than the junk you get in stores today. I checked out Nordstrom's offerings and there was not ONE I would actually wear---BORING:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=2375500&keyword=necktie
$150 for BORING?! Someone is smoking dope.

I have a tie with a very similar print, though there are red leaves and red hills rather than gray, with a different tag saying "Palm Island, Miami".

I have a tie with a very similar print, though there are red leaves and red hills rather than gray, with a different tag saying "Palm Island, Miami".

Very cool! I have seen several color variations of this tie, and most of them all had the Palm Island label.

Post up a pic...join the fun. I know that I personally can never look at too many palm tree ties.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
It's loud (not my cup of tea), but really not that bad. I can imagine it with a light blue shirt and a mid-grey suit.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Even the more conservative ties of the era are much more interesting than today's "exciting" and "fashionable" ties.

-Quetzal

Quite true. I wear vintage ties that, based on many of the ties seen here, are a little more conservative and plain in appearance. I even like to wear solid ties often, normally wool, or knit wool or cotton ties. Almost all of the ties are vintage, usually mid-century. I wear modern ties sometimes, but they are normally too thick with their liners for what I prefer. Once in a while, though, I still buy a new one if I like the design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen