Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

b
Found this one at a thrift store this morning. It's got some stains, but it was 99¢.
nyty6yze.jpg
urytusa4.jpg

The label is missing, but it is tissue thin and short and wide, consistent with other 40s/early 50s ties I have. That, and the style of the graphics, would make me suspect it's of that era. Even if it's not, the price was right, and I'll wear it anyway.
That tie is awesome! NICE find. It is likely what you think it is as the subject metter was very popular at the time. I have a print hanging in my house that is similar from the 40s. Panthers, jaguars and leopards were in vogue. Who has not seen the black panther ceramic cats? :p
il_570xN.607679722_d5bd.jpg

b
That tie is awesome! NICE find. It is likely what you think it is as the subject metter was very popular at the time. I have a print hanging in my house that is similar from the 40s. Panthers, jaguars and leopards were in vogue. Who has not seen the black panther ceramic cats? :p
il_570xN.607679722_d5bd.jpg

Good point.
I knew I could count on you JP!

I see one of those ceramic panthers on a daily basis.:p

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Nice - especially No. 2.
The last one has a Christmas vibe.

I assume these are pre-tied... what kind of hook or clasp do they have on back?

DamianM

Vendor
Nice - especially No. 2.
The last one has a Christmas vibe.

I assume these are pre-tied... what kind of hook or clasp do they have on back?

I used a regular pre-tied clip. Just hook and go.

il_570xN.639638377_on1p.jpg

It relieves the stress on the silk from constant rubbing when tied.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown and DamianM, those are all very nice ties! I'm wearing one of my thin ties, today, maroon with geometric patterns.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn