Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Haven't posted here before, but I thought I'd share this one. Mine is missing the label.
IMG_51321280x1092_zpsc6ec3dd5.jpg

Wanna sell it? :p

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
OK guys what should a good tie be made from?
VM

As not being a Guy, I hope my 2 cents worth is still o.k., Silk is always nice however I've seen some very nice ties made from wool, cotton, rayon, that also were super nice looking ties. I think the cut of the tie and colors or patterns make or break a nice tie. I recently purchased a home/hand made bow tie, the seller makes them from older Ralph Lauren shirts and incorporates the logo into the boy tie. I am sure it is made of all cotton.

OK guys what should a good tie be made from?
VM

Silk for sure. It might not be as durable as some of the other material but it has a hand all its own.
Speaking of such, I went by the local St. Vincent’s today looking for golf stuff and found nothing so I decided to check out the ties. I was pretty shocked to find even one bold tie but then I looked and found another and another… I found seven ties all by Saks & Co.----silk. I threw in three more not so great ties to take advantage of the volume discount. A silk Nordstrom tie that has an interesting pattern, a thinner later 50s tie and a really boring striped tie marked Terylene Warp Silk Weft. I got it because it looked different and I never have come across something so deceptively named. lol lol It isn’t silk for sure. Feels like sandpaper. :p It has a W. Forsyth Ltd. Label in it as well. Good for tying up the tomatoes next season I guess.

Some of the Saks ties look like they have actually been narrowed. There is an inordinate amount of fabric folded into it. I’ll check it later and get some photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24