Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Very good, Dinerman!

Today, I've won two more ties. I believe these are a 1950s Wembley, and a 1940s Hugh & Hattner. After this, I might stop for a long while, before getting more. I also need to count how many ties I have, now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintag...ujylwI8Vhe2niLGTnguSE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wembley-tie...ujylwI8Vhe2niLGTnguSE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Nice ones.
That leaf tie is exceptional.
Good catch!

Thanks! I've got a preference for red ties, generally, followed closely by blue, grey, yellow, green, tan, and black ties. I may find any color combination appealing, as long as the tie is, though.

For the second tie, I am just the sort to break the rules, and wear it with a tan suit, or tan sports jacket, as well as grey. I don't own a blue suit, right now.

Last edited:

Annixter

Practically Family
Thanks! I've got a preference for red ties

In the words of William Faulkner (The Sound and the Fury), "So when I looked around the door the first thing I saw was the red tie he had on and I was thinking what the hell kind of a man would wear a red tie." :p

Claudio

Vendor
Can anyone tell me why the late teens/early 20's ties often have 'uneven' points? there seem to be some styles that one side is more straight and the other more curved. Anyone know detaisl re this?

Thanks in advanced

C

Annixter

Practically Family
At the risk of driving up the price, I'm curious to see what our collective knowledge might shed on this neck tie, for a forum search found nothing. I've seen the tie design come up on the market more than any other nude and almost always in excellent condition, and I like the Marilyn Monroe playboy influence. However, I've never seen a 50's tie with an rn number, printed manufacturer's "tag," and the registered symbol. Anyone have info on this tie? Auction HERE

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Yowza!! I got no info, other than it's probably in near mint condition because, really, where would you wear something like that, other than a stag party. I don't imagine those saw a lot of use. That in no way diminishes the awesomeness factor of it. I'd say if you've got the scratch, jump on it. Even the bin price seems reasonable, considering what I've seen nudie ties going for.

fwiw - I have an old calendar from about '55 or so with the photo of Monroe that this tie is designed from.

At the risk of driving up the price, I'm curious to see what our collective knowledge might shed on this neck tie, for a forum search found nothing. I've seen the tie design come up on the market more than any other nude and almost always in excellent condition, and I like the Marilyn Monroe playboy influence. However, I've never seen a 50's tie with an rn number, printed manufacturer's "tag," and the registered symbol. Anyone have info on this tie? Auction HERE

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Those were made yesterday. :p Saint Pierre is a decent tie maker but they are made now in a vintage style. If it is cheap enough buy it. p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo