Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

kools

Practically Family
I pointed matei to a UK eBay shop that had a few dozen vintage ties, and one that I particularly pointed out to him - with a stylised letter "M" on it - has just sold, so hopefully he has found a source to get him started.
I have the same tie with a letter "E" instead. I'd like an "M" to match my last name initial.

kools

Practically Family
Tropicals/palm tree ties are the Holy Grail as far as I'm concerned. It may have something to do with living in frequently-frigid Milwaukee. In my avatar I was wearing a '40s palm with a '40s "Hawaii" tie clip.

matei

One Too Many
Salv said:
I pointed matei to a UK eBay shop that had a few dozen vintage ties, and one that I particularly pointed out to him - with a stylised letter "M" on it - has just sold, so hopefully he has found a source to get him started.

d9_1_b.JPG

Thanks indeed Salv. I actually picked that one up - the "M" is quite appropriate!

Thanks in general to you all for pointing out some neat ties on eBay.

Perhaps my wife and I will be able to attend the next Queen Mary event in CA, and get to raid the shops there in a quest for some vintage threads!

Salv

One Too Many
matei said:
Thanks indeed Salv. I actually picked that one up - the "M" is quite appropriate!

Thanks in general to you all for pointing out some neat ties on eBay.

Excellent, glad you got it. I was in a vintage shop in Reading yesterday - Rock-A-Round - and they had a few nice ties and some other 40's and 50's vintage clothes. Most of their stock is 60's and 70's stuff, but they have some nice bits upstairs, including a dozen or so 40's American ties, deadstock 50's shirts and tweed sportcoats. They also had a lovely light grey American tweed two-piece SB suit. The trousers were the right size, but the jacket was too small across the shoulders and too short in the arms for me. Worth a visit if you're out that way.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I found this at a garage sale a while back for five bucks. As you can see I've placed blocks over the....hmmmmm....strategic parts. If if offends anyone please let me know and I'll delete it.

nakedtiefedora.jpg

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Can a print on a sixty year old tie really be that offensive?

It looks like a great tie in excellent condition, and for five bucks. FIVE BUCKS!?!?!

Nice pipe too. You smoke it?

You seem to have a pretty extensive collection of hats, ties, accoutrements, etc., QB.

:cheers1:

Wild Root

Gone Home
Quigley Brown said:
I found this at a garage sale a while back for five bucks. As you can see I've placed blocks over the....hmmmmm....strategic parts. If if offends anyone please let me know and I'll delete it.

nakedtiefedora.jpg

(There?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a burlesque theater where the boys like to go to see Queenie the cutie of the burlesque show, and the thrill of the evening is when out Queenie trips and the band plays the polka as she strips?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ ?¢‚Ǩ?ìTake it off! Take it off!?¢‚Ǩ? all the customers shout, ?¢‚Ǩ?ìDown in front! Down in front!?¢‚Ǩ? While the band beats it out, but she?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s always a lady even in pan-to-mine, and she stops, and always just in time!)

I'd consider that Art on your tie Mr. Brown but, I do appreciate your concern and respect for the other members.

I'll get back to you on that... killer tie nevertheless!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
You're a smart man Mr. Brown....

I sent a PM to MK and I asked him if it was OK to post a photo of your tie all natural, he said NO! So, you're a head of the game.

My self, a "Mormon" find nothing offensive about an artistic print on a vintage tie but, since the company here is mixed, it may not go over well with the ladies here. So, I'm sure Mr. Brown can PM any photos of the tie with out the coverings. I'd sure love to see it my self since I love all things vintage. Those ties are getting to be very expensive.

Isn't it weird that a tie that style was made in the 40's or early 50's? What kind of guy wore that tie? I'm not sure but, I can guess it was a musician or some one along those lines.

Let?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s see some more vintage ties!

=WR=

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Is that a 1947 Signet Duel in the Sun tie to "his" right? :cool2: The cowboy on the bronco.

Regards to all,

J

P.S. A few pictures of mine coming when the camera batteries recharge. :p

'Jim Hamann' is not my real name.....it's....Quigley Brown.

The rodeo cowboy tie is entitled 'California Symphony' hand painted silk by Britico.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy