Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
Found this classic BB tie at Goodwill last month.

1960's-1970's
Brooks Brothers Makers
Red Tie with Pasiley Pattern
All Silk
Printed in England

54" x 3-3/8"

GsmdlQA.jpg

OjIQeNZ.jpg

WN4t3Qo.jpg

kDQmi14.jpg

Why is there writing on the lining?

Last edited:

MondoFW

Practically Family
Thank you, Mondo! My tie got delivered this afternoon. The pattern looks awesome up close! This is one of those brocade ties you've been telling me about, right?

Also, I've examined the fabric, and I'm convinced it's rayon.

paZYO7J.jpg

UYPYlOd.jpg

S8aemsx.jpg

ldLm4Db.jpg

8mG9msw.jpg
Yep, this would be one of those brocades I'm crazy about. The finer ones were usually made of silk, but the rayon brocades are still cooler than the average tie a man wore in the day. Wear this one with pride.
I wore a vintage tie while running errands this morning. 30's Art Deco inspired tie.

i-DRs2tRL-M.jpg

i-L9GT8vx-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Great colors and patterns on the tie! They really compliment the summer/early fall theme of the ensemble.

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
I recieved, and added this as my second hand painted tie yesterday morning. Saw this on eBay and bought it immediately. It has great colors and beautiful art!
$20... not a bad deal for the shape it's in, right?

1940's
Desertones
Individually Hand Painted

No fabric tag, but probably nylon, rayon, and acetate.
Sold at Brent
52" x 4-1/8"

jAWmpW9.jpg

r9zZFYg.jpg

aDBVDg1.jpg

Itc3W9s.jpg

Last edited:

31 Model A

A-List Customer
I recieved, and added this as my second hand painted tie yesterday morning. Saw this on eBay and bought it immediately. It has great colors and beautiful art!
$20, not a bad deal for the shape it's in, right?

1940's
Desertones
Individually Hand Painted

No fabric tag, but probably nylon, rayon, and acetate.
Sold at Brent
52" x 4-1/8"

jAWmpW9.jpg

r9zZFYg.jpg

aDBVDg1.jpg

Itc3W9s.jpg
I too would have jump on it....good catch!!!

31 Model A

A-List Customer
I wore a vintage tie while running errands this morning. 30's Art Deco inspired tie.

i-DRs2tRL-M.jpg

i-L9GT8vx-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Well....I thought I had enough ties until I saw yours. I was off Ebay but got the notion to see what's new and one nice satin Art Deco Swing period tie had just been added.....it's now mine. Ties can be addictive.....got to stop. Not your fault.

Upgrade

One of the Regulars
Found this blue Lilly Daché tie with gold accent marks and a small logo at the bottom. It resembles that unnamed 60s tie design with the central decorative motif that I like. But by all accounts, it feels like a modern tie with the thicker/stiffer feeling interfacing and a back label that’s large enough to hold the tail in place.
6C7065EF-25BF-49FB-9A8D-4F12D03C7458.jpeg

However, the tail has a paper label still attached with adhesive in a typewriter font declaring that it is RN22356 80% Poly 20% Silk.

C9BF098A-36FB-466D-BFD7-1FC0A4D2E333.jpeg
This etsy listing describes a similar tie with the Daché logo at the bottom as 80s, but it has a metal tie keeper chain in the back instead.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/155811674/vintage-1980s-skinny-dark-red-designer

Found this blue Lilly Daché tie with gold accent marks and a small logo at the bottom. It resembles that unnamed 60s tie design with the central decorative motif that I like. But by all accounts, it feels like a modern tie with the thicker/stiffer feeling interfacing and a back label that’s large enough to hold the tail in place.
View attachment 129982

However, the tail has a paper label still attached with adhesive in a typewriter font declaring that it is RN22356 80% Poly 20% Silk.

View attachment 129983
This etsy listing describes a similar tie with the Daché logo at the bottom as 80s, but it has a metal tie keeper chain in the back instead.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/155811674/vintage-1980s-skinny-dark-red-designer
I'd guess this one is 80s as well. The pattern and color palette, as well as the fabric are consistent with that era.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran