Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

31 Model A

A-List Customer
Another I couldn't refuse...…..advertised as silk but the tag says rayon and Londonderry which might make it an early wartime, Londonderry tie.
s-l1600.5550.jpg

Great colors on that one, Eric, and pattern as well. One of the things I dig so much about the old ones is some of the combinations they used that aren't often seen on more modern ties. Case in point....that light grey. and burnt orange/copper color together

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great colors on that one, Eric, and pattern as well. One of the things I dig so much about the old ones is some of the combinations they used that aren't often seen on more modern ties. Case in point....that light grey. and burnt orange/copper color together

Thanks sir. I agree. Since starting to wear some vintage ties I have been appreciating that the ties that have the variety of color combos are exceptional easy to wear. They pair with darn near everything. The above tie is a great example of someone deliberately thinking about putting the design (leaves) on top of a pattern. It makes the pattern (dots on a brown field) become second to the pattern colors. I can wear this tie easily with grey/blue/tan/brown - well done designer!

Additionally as a short guy these vintage ties are the correct lengths!

You don't get tie brands like "Royal Swagger" anymore!

Agreed! I have been enjoying the few vintage ties I own greatly of late.

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
Here's another one of my knit ties from Rooster. Although it feels chunkier than my other knit ties, I do like the colors on this one.

It was rather difficult to accurately capture the true color of this tie... I would describe it as a Steel Blue, with multi-colored yarns that are seen up-close.

This is probably from the mid-80's, due to the color, width, knit pattern, and Rooster label.

1980's
Roosternit by Rooster
60% Wool 40% Mohair
Made in USA
54" x 2-1/2"

Vij2J2b.jpg

The knit pattern and color makes this tie look like a piece of carpet. More specifically, the carpeting used in classrooms today. :rolleyes: :p

ahGzVV5.jpg

wwjvBvo.jpg

Cutqw98.jpg

Last edited:

PeterB

One of the Regulars
After a year long hiatus, I make my return to the FLounge by presenting this bunch of French 1930-40's ties.
The left one is an breezy crochet type silk tie.

(By the way... all my Photobucket images are visible on the FLounge again.)

IflSpM5.jpg
Welcome back. Wondered where you had gone.

MondoFW

Practically Family
After a year long hiatus, I make my return to the FLounge by presenting this bunch of French 1930-40's ties.
The left one is an breezy crochet type silk tie.

(By the way... all my Photobucket images are visible on the FLounge again.)

IflSpM5.jpg
Welcome back man, hope you get back to posting here. Sick ties, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy