Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim said:
Dior necktie from the '50s? Nice!

I looked at it last night and maybe I am making it too new. It has to at least be from the early 50s because it is not one of those nasty narrow jobs. ;) :p
Thinking back to when she was still alive, I once saw her killing a few dozen of her husband's ties to restore and antique quilt that defintiely needed it.
I have mixed feelings about that because it did turn out very well and was restored nicely--however at the expense of ties I would have worn. [huh] :eusa_doh:

I found another Towncraft tie I have around here that still has its price tag. I don't want you thinking that I just pulled the 98 cent figure out of my hat. ;)
pricetag.jpg

Here is the front of the tie:
frontofpricedtie.jpg

You got a lot of tie for 98 cents in those days. :D

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I found another Towncraft tie I have around here that still has its price tag. I don't want you thinking that I just pulled the 98 cent figure out of my hat. ;)
pricetag.jpg

Here is the front of the tie:
frontofpricedtie.jpg

You got a lot of tie for 98 cents in those days. :D

Okay, you've been validated!:eusa_clap I'm guessing about 1940. What's it feel like, acetate?

Feraud

Bartender
This past weekend I purchased two vintage ties at a flea market. The seller gave me a third based on the fact that it was stained and unsellable.
While looking at the tie I knew those stains would come out with a quick soak in Oxyclean. I am glad to report the tie looks brand new. :)
Will post pics soon.

Widebrim said:
Third from the left!:eusa_clap California product? And the hand-painted birdies...Very nice. Any tags?

I think the tye dye looking one is from California Hand painted.
The tie on the far right is actually a tie that was bought from a bird club--hand painted. Its a german roller canary.
The geese tie is a photie. The others are hand painteds and the blue with the gold finches is just a print I suppose.
You really can't see the hand painted rabbit tie very well. :eusa_doh:

Feraud

Bartender
Here are the new ones.
A couple could use a pressing but all are in sound condition.
A green wool Wembley
DSC07360.jpg

DSC07368.jpg

Plaid Botany. This was free with the purchase of another tie.
DSC07361.jpg

DSC07365.jpg

I had to buy this one! A great blue leaf pattern.
DSC07359.jpg

DSC07367.jpg

Another free one. It cleaned up beautifully.
DSC07358.jpg

DSC07364.jpg

This is not new but I don't think it's been posted.
Palm Beach.
DSC07354.jpg

DSC07356.jpg

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Quigley Brown said:
The way my job is I don't often get to wear my 1940s ties, but they do make for a good display in one of my rooms. I tried to count them a while back, but gave up after 1000. Somewhere in there are two Salvador Dali ties. I found them both at yard sales for a quarter. There's a nice nude woman tie (in the upper right) that I've worn only once in public.

cravats.jpg

Quigley, you have some really nice Art Deco ties. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart