Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Yowza! These are great! I just wondered what was in the artists' minds when they were creating them...

I've often wondered the same thing, I guess that's why they're called "Artists". I just picked these 3 up yesterday at a vintage store here where I live. I traded a bunch of ties and leather jackets that I bought at goodwill for them. I had about $60 invested and got $123.00 store price trade value out of them. These 3 ties and an awesome 50s shirt ate it all up.
DSCN0541.jpg

fedoralover

I mentioned these a couple days ago. First off a strange pair I got in a lot of good ones. These are about 1.5" wide and square ended. Seem to show Ford motorcars? (No idea about cars; I can't even drive). Labelled "Originals by Daryl". The narrow ends fit through the label, one of the earlier US ties I've seen with this feature.

FordTies1.jpg

FordTies2.jpg

And then this one which came in the same lot. No labels on this one, and it feels like cotton. Wheelbarrow, hand tools and a plant in a pot. Amazing novelty fabric … I really, really want a short sleeve shirt in this fabric. I may have a couple yards reproduced for the purpose.

FarmyardTie1.jpg

Last edited:
I mentioned these a couple days ago. First off a strange pair I got in a lot of good ones. These are about 1.5" wide and square ended. Seem to show Ford motorcars? (No idea about cars; I can't even drive). Labelled "Originals by Daryl". The narrow ends fit through the label, one of the earlier US ties I've seen with this feature.

FordTies1.jpg

FordTies2.jpg
http://www.misskat0.madasafish.com/FarmyardTie1.jpg[/IMG]

Interesting. I think they were given away as premiums in the late 1960s the Mustang on one appears to be a 1967
or 68.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

FordTies1.jpg

FordTies2.jpg

[/IMG]

The Mustang appears to be a '65, as do the other Fords on that tie. Regarding the "Slip back end of tie through this" device on the other tie you posted, they go back to the mid-'50s. Let me know if you ever want to trade the second Ford tie, BK...;)

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Double sided and Hand painted-2fur One

Here's a double sided handpainted tie with a different pattern on each side, so in one tie you actually get 2 different ties you can wear. I'm sure someone else has posted a pic of one of these here before, but I haven't kept up with this thread to see it. Anyway here's another one.

fedoralover

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

Here's a double sided handpainted tie with a different pattern on each side, so in one tie you actually get 2 different ties you can wear. I'm sure someone else has posted a pic of one of these here before, but I haven't kept up with this thread to see it. Anyway here's another one.

fedoralover

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

If one side gets a stain then you just tie on the other side. :p Less dry cleaning. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner