Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

I can't 'bitch' that the thread is 'orphaned' and not contribute anything myself. On the other hand, the previously posted tie rack has also hooked me once again to go hunting (apart from the fact that the few bars already hang full anyway). So here we go...

45333256es.jpg

45333255xf.jpg
Nice one! 1930s? I am not as familiar with the European styles and how they evolved over the years.

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
In addition and for construction comparison: 3 new German ties - probabely 30s/40s
The back seam and "corners" are completely symmetrical compared to
the slightly asymmetrical back of the previous tie, probably made in the US.

1st: plain blue wool tie
45370165ma.jpg

45370163eo.jpg

45370160kf.jpg

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
A social occasion found me selecting a 40's tie tonight. I have showcased this tie before with different clothing.

DSC03459-M.jpg

i-Vmx86XG-M.jpg

i-hjtnLRn-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric - The tie is super cool, and the entire look, well OUTSTANDING is the single word I would use. I am smiling as I write this, because you have reinstated my belief in being a man's man. KUDOS!

Yamahana

One Too Many
Post 'em!!!

It's been kind of a dry spell in my parts but I'm always glad to admire a new one or two......even if they're someone else's.
Alrighty then. Here’s one I wore Sunday. No maker label other than the “Hand Tailored” tag. I went back thru this thread a ways, didn’t realize how absent I’d been from it.
I sure miss @MichaelA post & pics. That dude could throw together any mixture of wardrobe and make it look KOOL.
IMG_6172.jpeg
IMG_6181.jpeg
IMG_6182.jpeg

Alrighty then. Here’s one I wore Sunday. No maker label other than the “Hand Tailored” tag. I went back thru this thread a ways, didn’t realize how absent I’d been from it.
I sure miss @MichaelA post & pics. That dude could throw together any mixture of wardrobe and make it look KOOL.
View attachment 538391 View attachment 538392 View attachment 538393
Good one! That rusty brown color is classic. That's a mighty nice looking jacket, too.

Here’s a few painted ties I’ve picked up. View attachment 538499 View attachment 538500 View attachment 538501
I love it when they’ve still got the tags/labels attached. Makes em even that much cooler.

This one isn’t vintage but it is a Cac-tie

View attachment 538502
View attachment 538503

This pic with Too Slim is about 30 years and 30 lbs ago.

View attachment 538504
Man.....those are all gems, but those cactus ties are really treasure!!!

And the cac-tie...that's something else entirely. Very cool!!! I looked at one of those recently, but just couldnt turn loose of the $$ the seller was asking for it. I hope Too Slim and the rest of those guys are still around doing their thing somewhere. Riders in the Sky were always an enjoyable act.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21