Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
Ford Granada??!! :doh:
Let me get this straight, your wife drove a Granada until you got the Escalade? That sounds like a reeeeealy long time. :p

Thanks for reminding me of the next Ford I had to spend a ton of money on.:doh: The Mach 1 was in between. :p
The Escalade came after I spent twice as much as I paid for the Mach 1 to keep the dang thing running. :p The damned thing still cuts out and dies on me for no reason. :doh:

Thanks for reminding me of the next Ford I had to spend a ton of money on.:doh: The Mach 1 was in between. :p
The Escalade came after I spent twice as much as I paid for the Mach 1 to keep the dang thing running. :p The damned thing still cuts out and dies on me for no reason. :doh:
lol
Sounds like it may be the accelerator pump on the carb. That was happening to me, and a new accel pump fixed the problem.

Quality is job 1. :p

bob-simon-60-minutes-correspondent-killed-in-car-crash-lead-1.jpg

Looks like 571. :doh:

You know, that is the only thing I haven't replaced. :doh:
What does it look like so I can spend some more money? :p Is it easy to replace?
Its a pretty simple job. You have to remove the carb to replace it, but that's fairly simple. The part is very small. You just need to know the brand carb. It took me less than an hour. While you are at it, just replace the carb to intake gasket as well.

Its a pretty simple job. You have to remove the carb to replace it, but that's fairly simple. The part is very small. You just need to know the brand carb. It took me less than an hour. While you are at it, just replace the carb to intake gasket as well.

So it is in the carb or just in a place you can't reach it otherwise. Sounds like a Ford product. :p

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
It arrived today, although not at the local dealer per my agreement, but at least the neighbors are wondering who buys their wife a new car for Valentines day. :D
Unfortunately the car looks like it rode down a long dirt road, and I paid for dealer prep/detailing PRIOR to taking delivery of the car.
So it will need to go to a dealer this week, in order to fulfill the agreement.

arrival.JPG
inside1.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner