Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Got the old Sportie out today. I forgot how fun it is to ride! No speedometer no mirrors, no problem.
%20IMG_20150214_143010_630_zpsfeaj5ilq.jpg

I'm not talking about the new ones, I'm talking about the Town Cars that were made for 15 years after the last true Cadillac rolled off the line at Arlington.

Have you seen the new Lincoln? Calling that a luxury sedan is far from the mark. It is just another sports car like the rest. No room and no trunk. The back seat will make you put your knees on your chest. :p

I think being a land yacht is a prerequisite to being a luxury car.

You mean, Luxury Land Yacht!

I'm not talking about the new ones, I'm talking about the Town Cars that were made for 15 years after the last true Cadillac rolled off the line at Arlington.

I think being a land yacht is a prerequisite to being a luxury car.

That was a sad day when Cadillac decided that they wanted to make sports cars and not luxury cars anymore. :mad: Lincoln is there now though. :doh:

Exactly. luxury = roominess.

Yup, and I've gotten into arguments numerous times with the "Art and Science" fanboys about that.

My argument is a simple, and I think a fair one:

If Cadillac wants to do the modern thing they're doing, great, more power to them. Why is it, though, they can't at least make ONE model for those of us who still want a luxury car that isn't a Gussied up Holden?

That was a sad day when Cadillac decided that they wanted to make sports cars and not luxury cars anymore. :mad: Lincoln is there now though. :doh:

Exactly. luxury = roominess.

Yup, and I've gotten into arguments numerous times with the "Art and Science" fanboys about that.

My argument is a simple, and I think a fair one:

If Cadillac wants to do the modern thing they're doing, great, more power to them. Why is it, though, they can't at least make ONE model for those of us who still want a luxury car that isn't a Gussied up Holden?

More like Farts and Science. PU!

Holdens. lol lol They even got rid of the model names in favor of Nazi staff car numbers and letters. That was just stupid. Then again, why defame the old model names by putting it on what they make now. :doh:
It would be nice to have a BIG sedan aain.

What happened to car names that were almost as big as the car? Like my old Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park LS lol

Yes, a big sedan is all I'm really interested in having. At least the DeVille's were still a gasping final breath at some traditional Cadillac styling.

More like Farts and Science. PU!

Holdens. lol lol They even got rid of the model names in favor of Nazi staff car numbers and letters. That was just stupid. Then again, why defame the old model names by putting it on what they make now. :doh:
It would be nice to have a BIG sedan aain.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
You just can't beat the sound of those old 4 cylinder motorcycles! I am trying to get one. [video=youtube;umxSFGTQrF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umxSFGTQrF0[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner