Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
Our newest family member. :D

1962359046dbaef3e5860c7be79c4b01.jpg

Looks like a 73 with that hood.:p

Looks like a 73 with that hood.:p

It's a '71 Boss 351. Numbers matching. Hood is not original to the car, but is a 71-73 original hood. Runs and "drives". Needs a tune and a break job. Not to mention interior work. Also, the previous owner stripped the exterior components and primed it years ago, so it needs to be reassembled. He wanted to move the car fast, and did not advertise. I have known about this car for 25 years, so it was cataloged in the back of my head. I knew the day would come when the car needed to go. I got a darn good deal. Not a steal, but a real good deal.
You know how it is.......it's hard to pass up a deal. :p

It's a '71 Boss 351. Numbers matching. Hood is not original to the car, but is a 71-73 original hood. Runs and "drives". Needs a tune and a break job. Not to mention interior work. Also, the previous owner stripped the exterior components and primed it years ago, so it needs to be reassembled. He wanted to move the car fast, and did not advertise. I have known about this car for 25 years, so it was cataloged in the back of my head. I knew the day would come when the car needed to go. I got a darn good deal. Not a steal, but a real good deal.
You know how it is.......it's hard to pass up a deal. :p

Nice!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
One great thing about the internet, is when you are hopelessly stuck on a project. Tonight I was getting a horn ready to mount on my 37 Harley WLD. Nothing was lining up, the mount was a 2 year only, and the horn was for a later Harley. Finally, I found a close up of Steve McQueen's 38. I found out, they did not use chrome bolts on these, so I was able to rotate the face, after undoing most of the bolts and switching them to different holes, to get it all lined up! 30 years ago, it would have been an expensive long distance call to an expert, assuming you could find one.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Something that crosses over from Motorcycles to Cars. I was about going cross eyed last week, searching for the best color to paint my 1935 Harley VL Bobber. Originally, I was looking at Harley Concord Purple, but I chickened out! Then I looked at 65 Mustang Vintage Burgundy Metallic, decided against a three part paint. Then I looked at 68 Camero Cordovan Maroon, a real classy color. Then I stumbled onto a photo of a Lotus at about 3:00 in the morning, generally not a good time to pick a color, but I had a deadline that morning, pick or no paint job! I found out, it is Bordeaux Red Metallic Pearl, and, in spite of it's name it is base coat, clear coat. What a color, only down side, $73.00 a pint! Luckily, all I need is a pint. The black and clear were cheap enough, and what the hay, not like I am going to be painting one of these every day. It will be red with the 1933 Art Deco Eagle in black. Should really stand out, I hope.

Something that crosses over from Motorcycles to Cars. I was about going cross eyed last week, searching for the best color to paint my 1935 Harley VL Bobber. Originally, I was looking at Harley Concord Purple, but I chickened out! Then I looked at 65 Mustang Vintage Burgundy Metallic, decided against a three part paint. Then I looked at 68 Camero Cordovan Maroon, a real classy color. Then I stumbled onto a photo of a Lotus at about 3:00 in the morning, generally not a good time to pick a color, but I had a deadline that morning, pick or no paint job! I found out, it is Bordeaux Red Metallic Pearl, and, in spite of it's name it is base coat, clear coat. What a color, only down side, $73.00 a pint! Luckily, all I need is a pint. The black and clear were cheap enough, and what the hay, not like I am going to be painting one of these every day. It will be red with the 1933 Art Deco Eagle in black. Should really stand out, I hope.

You are painting the tins red or the frame? The frame was usually black wasn't it?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I like that Indian and I like that Indian that color red! Something like that could make me ride a motorcycle! (As if I could afford it?)

View attachment 26944

My two current vintage rides. Not quite all model Ts were painted black. But that is the way I like my coupe!

Love both of them, especially the coupe! If I ever get things squared away with respect to motorcycles and a house, I want to build a Model T Speedster! [video=youtube;5Wldgqhmicw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wldgqhmicw[/video]

Stearmen,
I had to laugh when I saw your two postings. Ed Archer's #4 has been my number one top favorite model T racing car since he first completed its restoration more than 45 years ago. He has done an incredible job keeping the car nice, and yet has driven it probably more than any other model T speedster by anyone in the past fifty years. He has driven it most of the way clear across the lower 48 I think three times, once, actually touching the ocean's waters on each coast.

The short video should be seen many times by anyone with a love for early racing machines. It was done strictly as an entertainment piece. I know all three of the cars in the video. All three of them are capable of at least 90 mph, one has been clocked at 95, another is believed (and probably very rightly so) to be able to break 100 mph (a little difficult to find a safe and legal place to clock cars like these at those speeds). Notice also that these cars have wood spoke wheels.
What you probably do not know, is that it was filmed (taped?) only a few blocks from where about thirty more antique racing cars were gathered preparing for a major speedster/racer endurance run to be held the following day. I, and about a hundred other people there, knew of their going out to film this, but stayed out of their way as they zipped around the mostly deserted industrial park. If you watched to the ending? That was not part of the plan. The last car was just a bit lower than the first two, and the camera came back with a dent in the microphone plus a few scratches.

Antique automobiles, racing cars or regular cars, are just incredible fun if you are so inclined toward them. I have got to start doing it more, again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925