Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Rathdown

Practically Family
Here's my "new" 1930 (or '31) Ford Model A. I have a daunting load of work ahead of me to restore it properly, but I've always wanted one.

100_3583.jpg
Congratulations... Model As are great cars, and -- believe it or not -- you can do almost all of it at home. The only things you will probably have to out source being paint, chrome, and mounting the tires.

If ya get busy, you can have it on the road next summer.

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Paint is the only real concern for me-there's not much chrome (the headlights and the radiator shell are stainless steel). I mount tires like this with a couple of tire irons-it's easy when you know the "secret".
I hope to restore it properly. There is rust damage at the bottom of the doors and the cowl. The floors look to be solid, and the wooden framework inside the body shell looks largely solid,too (except where mice had a huge nest). It will probably be the simplest car I've ever done-even more so than the '46 Jeep I'm wrapping up now. I enjoy mechanical work, sheet metal work less so.

Awesome! I love Model A's. If you have a pic of the radiator (assuming it's the original) I can tell if it's a 30 or a 31. Great buy and looks like a very solid project.

Here's my "new" 1930 (or '31) Ford Model A. I have a daunting load of work ahead of me to restore it properly, but I've always wanted one.

100_3583.jpg

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Well, who knows if it is original-this "A" had been owned by the PO for at least 35 years (based on the title), and for some of that time,he was driving it. Here's the radiator:

S6001007.jpg

Here's a body tag I found on the floor in front of the front seat:

S6001015.jpg

Magister

Familiar Face
The thing in my avatar is a Russian IMZ Ural sidecar rig. The Soviets began manufacturing them during WWII based on the German military BMW design, and they have been making them ever since then without major changes. Mine is a 2005. It is easily the most fun vehicle I've ever had, particularly in the snow or on logging roads. It requires more mechanical attention than a modern motorcycle, but it is amazingly rugged and pretty reliable due to its simplicity.

dirty old biker

Familiar Face
this is my customized 1400 ......bought her new in 05 ....never been dwn, never been in a shop ......I do my own svc work on her and tire mounting / balance.....built my own seat/ sissybar & pad......modified the suspension , extended the forks by 10 inches .......did all the graphics myself.......VERY fast & dependable .......not some overpriced trailer queen rich boy toy .....but a rideable fun bike that I've put 50 thousand trouble free miles on ......

100_0195.jpg

100_0183.jpg

100_0037-1.jpg

024.jpg

100_0035.jpg

100_0184.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0186.jpg

100_0187.jpg

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Big Time Pile Up

Thinking you can pass a Toyota Prius with a Ferrari Over $4 million Wetting your Dockers $40 Prius driver laughing at exotic drivers Priceless [video=youtube;VKLdFYvZ8no]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLdFYvZ8no&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Magister

Familiar Face
Hey, dirty old biker,

Judging by that bald Metzeler, it would seem that you get around a bit. It takes forever to wear those out! I use them on my touring bike.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm late to the party again.. but here she is.

Thunderbird2.jpg

My 1956 Ford Thunderbird. Originally in "Sunset Coral" (Mary Kay Pink to those of you who don't know). I've owned her since 1985 and except for the color and the upholstery she's all original

Thunderbird1.jpg

Kinda hard to see but I scored some 1956 Plates, in NY you're allowed to run vintage plates if they're real. When I bought this I had a choice between her and a 1952 Jaguar XK 120 Drophead. The jag was sexier, but this sucker runs. LOL! And I can still score parts from NAPA! My next car will be a Studebaker 53 or 54 Lowey Coupe. Sex on wheels man, sex on wheels.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails