Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Not vintage, but here's my ride - Cadillac DTS.

setaq9.jpg

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ I think it must be a redblooded American male thing to lust for a Caddy - my husband has talked about getting one for years and he said his dad always wanted one, too. I think he loves the car more than I do! :lol:

Last edited:
lol It's that quintessential image of success to have a Caddy in the driveway. I've always wanted one and never got to have one, because my father hates them so badly.

^ I think it must be a redblooded American male thing to lust for a Caddy - my husband has talked about getting one for years and he said his dad always wanted one, too. I think he loves the car more than I do! :lol:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I got the same story from hubs about the image of success. :lol: It is a smooth ride for sure! One day you'll have a Caddy, but probably a much "cooler" classic model, though! I've always wanted an enormous 70s Caddy convertible, I can definitely see you in something like that.

I figure now I can officially fit in with all the town blue-hairs, with my old music, arthritis, and my big Cadillac. :lol:

Last edited:
I've never had a Buick before,Tom. As long as they forgo those ole plush veloure interiors..I'm cool. Actually this Regal reminds me more of a Pontiac..believe it or not. Handles well..tight in corners..and actually fun to drive.

Hey, hey, hey now. My 79 Electra had an interior like a Victorian parlour lol My Caprice and Marquis both have plushy velour interiors, too!

I had gotten the feeling that the new Regals were built to sort of ease the loyal Pontiac buyers' pain with the loss of that line. It sure looks sporty.

I've never had a Buick before,Tom. As long as they forgo those ole plush veloure interiors..I'm cool. Actually this Regal reminds me more of a Pontiac..believe it or not. Handles well..tight in corners..and actually fun to drive.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Hey, hey, hey now. My 79 Electra had an interior like a Victorian parlour lol My Caprice and Marquis both have plushy velour interiors, too!

I had gotten the feeling that the new Regals were built to sort of ease the loyal Pontiac buyers' pain with the loss of that line. It sure looks sporty.
Well, Buick got rid of the Skyhawk and Skylark, which only sent buyers to import brands. This Regal is more an attempt to bring those customers back.

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
Since you asked, here is my 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible. She was one of only 3,356 made that year, and Lincoln only made a total of 21,347 in the years from 1961 to 1967. They were so costly to manufacture that they really did not make a great deal of money on them, however they were good for the company’s prestige being the only post WWII four door cabriolet. To get an idea of how pricey they were in 1965, consider the following: The average American made about $7,000 a year. The median price of a typical home was $14,000. This convertible was just shy of $7,000. It was not a car for the person of limited means.
07a4de1a.jpg

Awesome! I love the suicide doors and that it's a rag top. Leave it to Lincoln!

Since you asked, here is my 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible. She was one of only 3,356 made that year, and Lincoln only made a total of 21,347 in the years from 1961 to 1967. They were so costly to manufacture that they really did not make a great deal of money on them, however they were good for the company’s prestige being the only post WWII four door cabriolet. To get an idea of how pricey they were in 1965, consider the following: The average American made about $7,000 a year. The median price of a typical home was $14,000. This convertible was just shy of $7,000. It was not a car for the person of limited means.

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
Awesome! I love the suicide doors and that it's a rag top. Leave it to Lincoln!
Thanks for the complement; I have to tell you she is great fun to ride in. It is so comfortable that it is like taking your living room out for a spin. And the car is dead quite when at an idle, and the 430 under the hood steps out smartly for a car that is 5720 lbs. I like taking family and friends out for a spin when the weather is nice, especially if it is open road and quite country roads. She just floats down the road quietly and elegantly and without effort. It is like going on vacation every time I take her out.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
07a4de1a.jpg
Beautiful. I always liked them. I could have picked up a cherry '67 ten years ago for $8000. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner