Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Also my Lincoln’s door is very heavy by today’s standards, and I am always reminding people to kindly not slam the door! I tell them it closes very nicely without having to give it a wham and possibly damaging a doorpost.

That reminds me of before I had my Camaro painted: "It's a classic car, not a Sherman tank!" - Dad.

But then we installed new weatherstripping and if you don't slam the door it won't latch in the fully closed position. :rolleyes:

Oh, and with regard to the Buick/Cadillac conversation, I'm a Buick guy. Cadillac just doesn't fit with my self image - I'm middle class. In the classic "car for every purse and purpose" Sloan philosophy, I'm about where Pontiac was supposed to be, but I'll be darned if I'm going to buy some crummy front driver Buick even if they are the best-styled cars being produced at the moment.

-Dave

Tom, here are two ways to get a Caddy! /QUOTE]

lol

I'm a man on a Chevrolet salary with a Cadillac appetite. The most upscale car I ever owned was my 79 Electra Limited, and that's probably followed by my 90 Grand Marquis Colony Park.

Honestly, there's little difference between a Buick and a Caddy, but I just wanna be able to say 'my Cadillac.' I guess that's pretty superficial of me lol

Oh, and with regard to the Buick/Cadillac conversation, I'm a Buick guy. Cadillac just doesn't fit with my self image - I'm middle class. In the classic "car for every purse and purpose" Sloan philosophy, I'm about where Pontiac was supposed to be, but I'll be darned if I'm going to buy some crummy front driver Buick even if they are the best-styled cars being produced at the moment.

-Dave

He's such a pimp.

bat-smash.gif

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like a deal! Maybe I'll have my 77 Eldo (God willing) by then and you can take that pump-sucker out for a spin lol

Let's not forget the 8-6-4.......
Well, at least with that all you had to do was disconnect the computer and run the 360 as a normal person would. Then they came out with that 4.1 liter......GARBAGE!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Another classic combination, however it would be a devil to keep clean, especially if you had someone less than careful along for a ride (Think coffee or muddy shoes!). I’m amazed how some people give little thought about what might be on their shoes when entering a car, whether it is a classic or not. Also my Lincoln’s door is very heavy by today’s standards, and I am always reminding people to kindly not slam the door! I tell them it closes very nicely without having to give it a wham and possibly damaging a doorpost.
A black vehicle is beautiful when brand new. But, it's like having a perpetual baby, it has to be taken care of because it will show every scratch and peck of dirt.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn