Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
Oh, I know they do. I'm well-known for being the captain of many of Wisconsin's land yachts lol

I don't know if I can say I've ever piloted one prettier than that Lincoln though. It's got the 430, too. Wow, they sure knew how to build 'em.

Thanks for the complement; I have to tell you she is great fun to ride in. It is so comfortable that it is like taking your living room out for a spin. And the car is dead quite when at an idle, and the 430 under the hood steps out smartly for a car that is 5720 lbs. I like taking family and friends out for a spin when the weather is nice, especially if it is open road and quite country roads. She just floats down the road quietly and elegantly and without effort. It is like going on vacation every time I take her out.

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
Beautiful. I always liked them. I could have picked up a cherry '67 ten years ago for $8000. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
I’m glad you like her. If it had not been given to me as a Christmas present several years ago I would not have been able to afford such an rare automobile. Believe it or not, she spent more than twenty years under a car cover in a barn before a family member gave me the car. In fact I told my benefactor he was nuts to do so, but he insisted, saying he knew it would be well cared for. And she has only 94,000 miles on her! It has taken a fair amount of effort to get her on the road after her long sleep, but has been well worth it. She does draw a fair amount of attention when I bring her out of garage. It is a class act to drive, and I make sure that I’m properly dressed as gentlemen to drive a car of this caliber.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I’m glad you like her. If it had not been given to me as a Christmas present several years ago I would not have been able to afford such an rare automobile. Believe it or not, she spent more than twenty years under a car cover in a barn before a family member gave me the car. In fact I told my benefactor he was nuts to do so, but he insisted, saying he knew it would be well cared for. And she has only 94,000 miles on her! It has taken a fair amount of effort to get her on the road after her long sleep, but has been well worth it. She does draw a fair amount of attention when I bring her out of garage. It is a class act to drive, and I make sure that I’m properly dressed as gentlemen to drive a car of this caliber.
A friend of mine in high school, his father had a black on black, '63 (I prefer the '63 grille) and sold it in 1990 for $5000.

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
A friend of mine in high school, his father had a black on black, '63 (I prefer the '63 grille) and sold it in 1990 for $5000.

Black on Black is a real classic combination. Was your friend in high school father’s car also a convertible? I happen to like the grille on the 65 better, however that is a matter of personal preference. If I could have the car in my personal preference, the body would color would be what Lincoln called a “Spanish Moss,” which is a green heading toward British racing green, but darker and softer. Then I would prefer tan leather seats, and a tan roof. Since it was a gift, I will not complain about the color combination, and perhaps the red on red with a white roof helps keep me from being hit by what I call someone driving “DWC,” that is “driving while clueless”.

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi,

It is an amazing collection of cars on the forum!!!
Here is my "Alfa romeo giulia sprint gt veloce 1967"! Under restoration at the time!
IMG_4139.jpg

Cheers, Joakim

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Black on Black is a real classic combination. Was your friend in high school father’s car also a convertible? I happen to like the grille on the 65 better, however that is a matter of personal preference. If I could have the car in my personal preference, the body would color would be what Lincoln called a “Spanish Moss,” which is a green heading toward British racing green, but darker and softer. Then I would prefer tan leather seats, and a tan roof. Since it was a gift, I will not complain about the color combination, and perhaps the red on red with a white roof helps keep me from being hit by what I call someone driving “DWC,” that is “driving while clueless”.

Yeah, his Dad's was a convertible. Really sweet. Green and tan is nice. My own preference is white on white.

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
Yeah, his Dad's was a convertible. Really sweet. Green and tan is nice. My own preference is white on white.

Another classic combination, however it would be a devil to keep clean, especially if you had someone less than careful along for a ride (Think coffee or muddy shoes!). I’m amazed how some people give little thought about what might be on their shoes when entering a car, whether it is a classic or not. Also my Lincoln’s door is very heavy by today’s standards, and I am always reminding people to kindly not slam the door! I tell them it closes very nicely without having to give it a wham and possibly damaging a doorpost.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Cheep Caddy

Jealous over here! I want a Caddy, old or new, so badly!

Tom, here are two ways to get a Caddy! [video=youtube;29_RZ82aZ6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_RZ82aZ6A&feature=related [/video] [video=youtube;O4pAwosnIQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4pAwosnIQE[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters