Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Flivver

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
If you're talking about Collectible Automobile, John, there's nothing new about it. It's my favorite magazine, and I've been a subscriber for many years. The section you're talking about is "Car Spotter". The photos are submitted by readers, and the pictures come from around the world. That's always the first section I look through. Great magazine, and I love that there are no advertisements, other than their own books and back issues.

Lee

I agree, "Collectible Automobile" is a *great* publication. I've been getting it since the first issue in the mid-1980s. I particularly like the articles that show design proposals that "never made it".

But I think John is referring to "Hemming's Classic Car" magazine...a relatively new publication that replaced "Special Interest Autos". "Hemming's Classic Car" got off to a rather shaky start in my opinion. The first dozen issues or so contained many factual errors. It appeared that the authors were not too familiar with their subject matter.

But Hemming's rectified that problem quickly, and the magazine now boasts some of the best automotive writers out there. It's inexpensive, well presented and highly recommended.

kbadr

Familiar Face
Visited my family recently and got to take a (windy) spin in my dad's 1929 Model A:

Img_0291_small.jpg

Img_0300_small.jpg

We got lucky with the location. It looks like it's right out of the 20s or 30s.

MrNewportCustom said:
If you're talking about Collectible Automobile, John, there's nothing new about it. It's my favorite magazine, and I've been a subscriber for many years. The section you're talking about is "Car Spotter". Lee
The Magazine I was looking at was called American Street Rydes or something like that, and there was pages of 30's 40's 50's cars in the woods at some private auto "junk yard" tuck away in a rural area back east in the southern region.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've seen quite a few of those vintage car junkyards pictures but very little is worth restoring relative to its rarity versus the cost of doing it considering the value once finished. :(

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is my honey....

My 1997 Ford Thunderbird. I've had two of these vehicles. I love the body style and lines, particularly the deck lid, spoiler, the tail-light styling and Thunderbird logo. I get quite a few compliments and tooting of the horns!

(edit - sorry, but no.)

The only other vehicle that grabs me is the similarly designed 1999 Mercedes-Benz : SL-Class. Very nice indeed!

-dixon cannon

Twitch said:
I've seen quite a few of those vintage car junkyards pictures but very little is worth restoring relative to its rarity versus the cost of doing it considering the value once finished. :(
True enough, some fall under simply "the challenge" or under "labor of love."

Luddite

One of the Regulars
My bike (well, one of a few)...

r50.jpg

My cars (again, I have a few more).....

bug1.jpg

Not quite golden era, but I'm planning a few more FL-relevant purchases next year!

Luddite

One of the Regulars
Mike1973 said:
That SAAB is a corker! I looked into getting one but ending up getting my Kombi. Very cool cars :cool:

And surprisingly practical, too, with the rr seats folded, the boot is cavernous. If you need more room, there's the Kombi version too (I take it you have a VW combi?) with flip-up seats in the back. The heater's the biggest I've seen in any car, so winter driving holds no fear, either!

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Luddite said:
And surprisingly practical, too, with the rr seats folded, the boot is cavernous. If you need more room, there's the Kombi version too (I take it you have a VW combi?) with flip-up seats in the back. The heater's the biggest I've seen in any car, so winter driving holds no fear, either!

Yep, a VW. Posted a while back but here's a recent shot...

DSCF0035.jpg

Carefully negotiating a hieght restriction barrier! :rolleyes: (I don't think my heating is as good as the SAAB... note Irvin...)

The SAAB Combi sounds great! If only I had enough room for more than one...:eusa_doh: In my dream garage it sounds ideal company for another favourite... a Citroen Safari...:D

scarlett

One of the Regulars
I love the shots of the old VW's, always had a soft spot for those. My first was a 72 Bug, then a 62 Notchback,my husband had a 63 Bus for a while. The GMC truck is a beauty. And Twitch, I love that car. One more time; here is Me and our 1953 Buick Special. We also have a VW Manx style dune buggy, I'll have to post a photo of it when restoration is complete.
0182.jpg
[/IMG]

Luddite

One of the Regulars
Mike1973 said:
The SAAB Combi sounds great! If only I had enough room for more than one...:eusa_doh: In my dream garage it sounds ideal company for another favourite... a Citroen Safari...:D

A Safari's on my wishlist too, but I looked into the cost of running one and it scared me. Still, with the price of Splits what it is, you're laughing.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw