Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage half-belts

Sear's Hercules Half Belt

IMG_20141022_074518_018.jpg

IMG_20141022_194438_773.jpg

IMG_20141022_074414_344.jpg

IMG_20141022_074315_182.jpg

Here's the only vintage jacket I have left. It was belted, but I had Johnson Leathers make adjuster straps from the original belt (so the leather matches).

Before:
_MG_0874.jpg
_MG_0878.jpg

And Now:
_MG_1986.jpg
_MG_1988.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Nice Trio! The last one, with full belt, is most handsome. The Brent, early 60s? My size so I hope they appear for sale..I really like the late 50s/early 60s jackets.

trapp

Practically Family
The jacket is a two-tone western style halfbelt made from super thick deerskin (I think) with suede accents. The jacket is really heavy and I love the styling. Not sure of the date / era of this jacket. It was custom made for someone.

The tag on this one is illegible in that photo but it reads:

T & D (or possibly J & D) Leather Co. Newman Lake, WA

Apologies for the distracting dates on the photos. I need to figure out how to change the setting on my camera.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Two nice halfs! That deerskin is a nice styled hide. I've lusted after a few deer jackets. I have two Mid West made vest. What size is your deerskin? I like old/vintage with style and condition.

trapp

Practically Family
I too have seen some deerskin jackets in the past that I liked. But never with the weight or the rich brown color of this jacket. Most have been a pale tan.

As for sizing, this was made custom for someone (their name is on the patch) but it fits like a 42. One size too large for me, unfortunately.

trapp

Practically Family
I like that one too!

Any signs that a side buckle used to be present? I've been wondering if half-belts were ever designed back in the day with the half-belt but without side buckles - and this jacket seems to confirm they were. I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24