Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage hats!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Had it awhile but first time worn...

This is one of my very favorites. Vintage 1940s found on evilBay. Keep this one usually displayed on the mannequin head I have on top of my dresser. The cool thing about this of all my collection is the long grosgrain trimmed spot veiling. I finally asked some deco friends how to wear it/work with it being so long. So here it is:
372596887.jpg
372596891.jpg

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
This is one of my very favorites. Vintage 1940s found on evilBay. Keep this one usually displayed on the mannequin head I have on top of my dresser. The cool thing about this of all my collection is the long grosgrain trimmed spot veiling. I finally asked some deco friends how to wear it/work with it being so long. So here it is:
372596887.jpg
372596891.jpg

Wow! You look amazing! What a great hat! I am really thinking about getting some good hats for the upcoming winter season! (hate to think about it, but when it's more winter then summer here, it's necessary. It was only 6 degrees celcius this morning!)

:eek:fftopic: Great avatar too. You're a beautiful lady :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Martini time! Almost all of my hats have been found on evilBay. Look under: vintage clothing, ladies hats, then 1940s or 40s. I have more wool hats for the cooler months than straws or raffia.

b
*martini*time* said:
Wow! You look amazing! What a great hat! I am really thinking about getting some good hats for the upcoming winter season! (hate to think about it, but when it's more winter then summer here, it's necessary. It was only 6 degrees celcius this morning!)

:eek:fftopic: Great avatar too. You're a beautiful lady :eusa_clap

SayCici

Practically Family
Vanessa, please let me know if you ever need someone to watch your hats, you know, if you go on vacation. lol

Vanessa

One Too Many
Well, I need a fish-sitter right now. But I suppose you could play amongst the hatboxes after feeding him. :D

sixsexsix

Practically Family
i bought a lot of roughly 50 vintage hats this weekend at an auction...most are going to my etsy shop, but these are the ones i am keeping
DSC01164.jpg

Vanessa

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
i bought a lot of roughly 50 vintage hats this weekend at an auction...most are going to my etsy shop, but these are the ones i am keeping
DSC01164.jpg

That gray one is fantastic.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I'm going to get one new, VI/classic ladies' hat this month. It should be sort of dressy but not too flirty, and something I can wear again. I am debating brown or gray or a colour; I already have two nice black hats and I don't get to wear dressy hats often enough to need a third.

But I don't know what style I want, cloche, or broad-brimmed, or anything. This thread is not really making choosing easy! lol

Vanessa

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
Vanessa, those hats are amazing. I am inlove with the green one.

Thanks! Of the two, it's the nicest. I was a little disappointed in the blue one as it was more faded upon inspection then in the photos. Oh well. [huh]

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Vanessa said:
Thanks! Of the two, it's the nicest. I was a little disappointed in the blue one as it was more faded upon inspection then in the photos. Oh well. [huh]
Taht's too bad. Maybe you can findsome one to copy it for you.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Yep. I'm going to try & spruce it up with a cleaning & some new feathers. The back bow makes it too fab to part with. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner