Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage hats!

SayCici

Practically Family
august2009036.jpg

So I'm pretty sure I wear this hat correctly, but I don't know what to do with the netting.. as you can see it's attached on either side of the hat, and it's in pretty good condition, but it's too short for me to put under my chin. Like it has too much tension and makes the hat look like this:
chinese-boy.jpg

but I'm not sure what to do with it if not wearing it that way. Suggestions?

2009-08-0216-23-35495.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Vanessa, your hats are to die for.
Here is one I got a while ago. I tried it with my hair down and in an updo and I am not sure if it's a good hat for me. :(
5299a4515642.jpg
2b7ad160101b.jpg

analiebe

A-List Customer
no such thing as too many hats!

hello guys & dolls....
well, yes... i do have to admit it... i have a little problem when it comes to hats.... this is part of my collection.... there are more but i'll try and get friends to take some pics when i'm actually wearing them....

hats.jpg

i just can't seem to get enough!

LuckyLady

New in Town
When I visited my mom in Colorado last month, I got a job at a local antiques/curiosities shop to earn some pocket money. I struck up a real friendship with the woman who owned it, and she said she'd send me these. She had them up for sale in her shop and on ebay, but she said she'd rather give them to someone who would truly appreciate and even wear them, over than someone who'd buy it and let it collect dust.

I just moved into my new house and made contact with her...I can't wait to start getting them in the mail!

352lvgl.jpg
2ex3kbb.jpg

2vj1hxv.jpg
o0xxfq.jpg

I believe there was one more, but it seems she's taken the picture down off her site. (It's similar to the pink one above, but smaller, white, and beaded.)

Lorena B

Practically Family
analiebe said:
hello guys & dolls....
well, yes... i do have to admit it... i have a little problem when it comes to hats.... this is part of my collection.... there are more but i'll try and get friends to take some pics when i'm actually wearing them....

hats.jpg

i just can't seem to get enough!
What an amazing collection!
The red one and the baby blue with studs are lovely!

analiebe

A-List Customer
LuckyLady said:
When I visited my mom in Colorado last month, I got a job at a local antiques/curiosities shop to earn some pocket money. I struck up a real friendship with the woman who owned it, and she said she'd send me these. She had them up for sale in her shop and on ebay, but she said she'd rather give them to someone who would truly appreciate and even wear them, over than someone who'd buy it and let it collect dust.

I just moved into my new house and made contact with her...I can't wait to start getting them in the mail!

352lvgl.jpg
2ex3kbb.jpg

2vj1hxv.jpg
o0xxfq.jpg

I believe there was one more, but it seems she's taken the picture down off her site. (It's similar to the pink one above, but smaller, white, and beaded.)

you really ARE a lucky lady... love the b & w winged and the dusty pink one - gorgeous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24