Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage hats!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
LadyDeWinter said:
I bought a digicam yesterday. Now I am finally able to show you some of my hats:

272455.jpg

272457.jpg

272462.jpg

272466.jpg

272470.jpg

These hats are spectacular! I do adore hats, but I just have such a hard time working them into my wardrobe sometimes.

Do you ladies buy the hat to match a certain dress or do you buy a dress to match a certain hat?

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Miss Dottie said:
These hats are spectacular! I do adore hats, but I just have such a hard time working them into my wardrobe sometimes.

Do you ladies buy the hat to match a certain dress or do you buy a dress to match a certain hat?

Hello Miss Dottie

I just buy a hat when I like the style and the colour. I do not buy hats in extraordinary colours as they would not fit my dresses. But when I buy a dress or a suit I alway thing I need a matching hat...

Mojito

One Too Many
Do bandeau's count? I love them, although most of mine are repros. I do have a couple of originals, and just bought another:

bandeau.jpg

Elaina

One Too Many
I just did the hat making thing today: made a cloche and a J-Lo fedora (doesn't look hip hop fortunately). One matches a pink tweed and the other is a basic wool. Not too terribly vintage, but then I'm not too into hats and my kitten destroyed my other cloche.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Wondering why this got pushed way back.

I thought I'd bring it to the front for some of our new ladies. :)

I love hats but I don't wear them as often as I should.

If you promise to say nothing about the no make up you can see mine:
l_730fb05f04ff6b71bdbeb97cfb8e040f.jpg

l_e8285918c6fb083f944c3983517bedba.jpg

l_b9a4ba1146c76c2e27218d26a22487d8.jpg

l_769216a241ae150900606b4b18cdf0b3.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Ooh, I absolutely love the 2nd one Pink Dahlia!

I have only one hat, but haven't had a chance to wear it out so far. I'm in love with hats, but kind of clueless as what would look good on me.

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
Goodie, I'm such a "hatophile".....I just love buying them and making them!

Here's one of my fav finds....
hat2.jpg

I have some others,I'll have to take pics. I also made the one I'm wearing in my avatar. I went to a burlesque show and the star/emcee loved it so much she asked me to make her one!

Show me more hats,Ladies....I LOVE it!!

P.S. I wish I could find some of those great 40's styles I've seen in this thread....

Kimberly

Practically Family
I only have a couple of hats. I was bidding on a lot of over 30 of them on eBay, but I just lost. :rolleyes:

I guess it's just as well. I have a hard time making them look good on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner