Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
We purchased this house about 6 years ago. It was built in 1931 and seems to be solid as a rock. Here are a few photos.

P1000712.jpg

P1000703.jpg

P1000706.jpg

P1000707.jpg

P1000708.jpg

P1000714.jpg

P1000716.jpg

P1000717.jpg

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Empyrium said:
BJBAmerica. Nice decor! really good ambient.

is that crow a true one or hand made?

Thanks for the kind words......The crow on the little table next to the front door is hand made....wrought iron.

Can't remember where we found it......Picked it up couple of years ago now...

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
My wife is working on getting an old Roper that her parents had in their old home. It is 50's vintage and still works. She does like this stove for the time being, all the buttons and bells of modern tech. ;)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Mary what a gorgeous bathroom, you did a magnificent job! :eusa_clap
Nice fabric too.
Nikki
MaryDeluxe said:
I just finished my bathroom! My 1949 house was renovated in the early 80's and the original tile was taken out :( so, I did my best to try to recreate it!

bathroomredo1.jpg

MaryDeluxe said:
I just finished my bathroom! My 1949 house was renovated in the early 80's and the original tile was taken out :( so, I did my best to try to recreate it! I did the tub area back in April and finished up the floor last week!
Here's a lovely before picture! hahaha
july10.jpg

Now on to the good stuff!

bathroomredo.jpg

bathroomredo1.jpg

I LOVE that tile Mary! Is that the octagon shape? That is what I want to do to mine. Did you do it yourself? I want to do mine in pink and black with the black and white floor like that.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I LOVE that tile Mary! Is that the octagon shape? That is what I want to do to mine. Did you do it yourself? I want to do mine in pink and black with the black and white floor like that.

Yes, that tile is an octagon shape with a black dot center. I found it at Home Depot. Yes, I did all the tile work, it didn't take long at all and cost under 800 bucks to do!:D

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Mary! I just can't wait for the day that I can actually post FINSIHED pics of these rooms, lol!
Nikki
MaryDeluxe said:
WOW your kitchen looks 100% better! Oh I love the staicase too! Good work Ohairas.:eusa_clap
P.S. you make beautiful dresses too;)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LadyStardust said:
My favorite though is Summit Avenue in Minneapolis...
exterior.jpg

Whenever I go home I make it a point to take a walk down Summit Avenue--the houses are amazing culminating in the Cathedral of St. Paul and that stunning view over the city.

Theres a great site with photos of many of the homes on Summit here:

http://www.geomyidae.com/index.php?TopicID=px_summitavenue

This was "my house" when I was in high school

http://www.geomyidae.com/index.php?RollID=pxne06arundel&FrameID=summitarundel0007

The Turnblad Mansion in Mpls is pretty amazing too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:American_Swedish_Institute-2007-03-18.jpg

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Well, I'm moving at the end of August out of the Electric Building, but I'm heading further in to downtown Fort Worth - this time to the Sanger Lofts, the residential redevelopment of the beautiful Sanger Brothers department store building from 1928.

This is the exterior:

892138423_4eb801ae2e_o.jpg

Inside the one I'm taking. The previous tenant had not yet moved out when I took these pics. The big walls will be filled with art, mirrors, and big framed prints of my Fort Worth photography - and a hat rack, of course.

The floor is the original 1928 maple wood floor from Sanger's, complete with markings on the floor where the old department store counters used to be.

557869212_327ba8e960_o.jpg

Bathroom:

557869864_014d15aec9_o.jpg

View from the bedroom. These photos are very deceptive, because it comes across as small and dark. In reality it's quite a good-sized space, and light and open - those windows are huge, about eight feet tall.

558135343_2230c831b9_o.jpg

Elevator (padding is because somebody was moving in the day I toured) - the elevators still have their original manual controls:

557870992_1f6943e931_o.jpg

Light fixtures in the units:

558135787_359d8cbb01_o.jpg

Rooftop deck. It was a rainy, dreary day when we toured:

558135889_234418f3b9_o.jpg

Views from the roof:

557872152_32530f3505_o.jpg

557871584_704f4b5af2_o.jpg

557871840_7098612040_o.jpg

The building's ground floor houses the Fort Worth Visitors Bureau, Leddy's Western Wear & Hats, Pappagallo Classiques (a women's clothing store), Retro Cowboy (a hip western clothing & memorabilia store), a Starbucks, and the Circle Theater (live theater) in the basement. The block is also shared with Al's Pizzeria and Zippy's Diner.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Atomic Glee...Wow great place! I can't wait to see what you'll do to it when you move in. I hope you'll be posting pictures!

Tinseltown asked me to post some more pictures of my house. Here you go Tinseltown, living room and dining area!;)

livingroom.jpg

theotherside2.jpg

livingroomgrey.jpg

pinkychair2.jpg

P6180014.jpg

kitchenagain.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Love your place Mary!! Great colors and furnishings, and I like how you have everything arranged. Great idea putting the black/white check under the table, woulda never thought of that! Dreamy barkcloth... sigh.......
Thanks for sharing!
Nikki

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Thanks you Mary!
I can see many years of collecting went into that!
I don't think I can be without my white walls... But I definately feel inspired!
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou