Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Ever try putting a costume on a 12-15 lb mini panther? :p

10494896_333109103531421_4919806701074312291_o.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
It's been a long, long, long week! The cleaners arrived late this after noon. They steam cleaned the floors, and put disinfectant on the walls and floors, then they left some low powered fans and an ionizer. Smells better, only long term will tell for sure. I am going to use the Kilz oil base primer on the walls and floor, then some epoxy floor paint, that should seal it!

It's been a long, long, long week! The cleaners arrived late this after noon. They steam cleaned the floors, and put disinfectant on the walls and floors, then they left some low powered fans and an ionizer. Smells better, only long term will tell for sure. I am going to use the Kilz oil base primer on the walls and floor, then some epoxy floor paint, that should seal it!

I told you to use Kilz in the first place. :p
http://youtu.be/erOA9Q9ycxM

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barely November, but its cool enough today to light a fire in the fireplace. Vintage-styled fireplace, vintage accoutrements, modern gas logs.

AF

I really enjoy a fire in the fireplace. I need to install some gas logs in mine. Having a "real" fire in a 100+ year old fireplace and chimney scares me too much.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Gas logs?! :faint:

Oh yeah. They've got a pilot light so all you have to do is push a button and...whoosh...instant fire. I could have spent a few more dollars and gotten the model just above mine; it has a remote control zapper. With those logs, you can light the fireplace and never move off of the couch. But I'm slowly getting into the nostalgia for the Golden Age thing, so I decided it'd be better to "rough it" with more retro style logs.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW