Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would figure 50/50. :p
You're being enthusiastic, James. :D

BACK TO TOPIC:

I think I've found the set that matches my idea for the sitting-room:

531335379236ana%20klub%20garnitura%2029200din.jpg

Stray Cat

Don't forget about this
7ffdb96cf8dd15442300578893b7d5da.jpg
I'm thinking about it. :wink:

I like it! But maybe minus the super glossy finish. [huh]
Definitely: minus the glossy finish. :nod:

I believe that those tables were ment to be placed up against the wall?
I guess they can lean against the wall, but I like them free-standing. They are so statuesque. :D

Similar styled tables also come in squre and round free standing versions like this:
View attachment 21259
Great idea, but I don't think my table-maker will accept it. Too many curves, too much places to *uck up. [huh] I'll play it safe. :D

YES - now you know the idea...

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
The house we live in isn't vintage, but we've got vintage stuff in it. This is our Christmas tree this year. Its a crab-pot tree. A man from my home county invented crab-pot trees. He was in the business of making crab-pots using pvc-coated, salt water resistant wire cloth. One day he put together some scraps that were laying around his shop and accidently invented the crab-pot tree. The demand for his trees has grown so large, he's now pretty much stopped making crab-pots.

Anyhow...Jackie decorated the "tree" using antique fishing lures, old net corks, seashells, net scraps and whatever else she could find around the boat houses in Beaufort.

027_zpsc764521e.jpg

AF

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I fixed up the front door this week. I think it looks better with out the modern storm door! It didn't latch any way. I need to put on some more oil, but getting their. What do you all think?
Door2_zps88302440.jpg
Door5_zpsf90b2e31.jpg

Stray Cat

Anyhow...Jackie decorated the "tree" using antique fishing lures, old net corks, seashells, net scraps and whatever else she could find around the boat houses in Beaufort.
The tree looks amazing! :thumb:

And Jackie's nutcracker collection has gathered around our fireplace for another Christmas season.
...and those are a vision!
(fine: I'm nuts about The Nutcracker) lol

I fixed up the front door this week. I think it looks better with out the modern storm door! It didn't latch any way. I need to put on some more oil, but getting their. What do you all think?
Looks good to me. :nod:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland