Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

MaryDeluxe said:
Oh that's a cute fabric. I think that would go fine with your lamps. What else do you have going on in the room color wise? That barkcloth will work because it's a neutral color (tan) with accent colors in it that will work with the colors on your lamps. I'd be more worried about what type of fabric(Color and print) is on any furnishings that might be in the room.

Here is what I have decided on for my drapes....I will post pics of the room in a bit. Found my camera.:D
a1ae_12.JPG

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
Here is what I have decided on for my drapes....I will post pics of the room in a bit. Found my camera.:D
a1ae_12.JPG

Ohh pretty! Those will work great for drapes and go really well with your lamps;)

Mary

epr25

Practically Family
That's great! I woudl love to see some interior shots!

Rick S. said:
With great pride we are pleased to share our 'money pit'!!

After, having collected Art Deco treasures and classic film pieces for years, only to see them 'die' in a 1980s 3/2 ranch, we went looking for a classic Hollywood style Bungalow, and found this one. We, have now restored it, although we keep finding more to do! The top image is as she was, when new in 1924, and how she looks now.

Historic2.jpg

rick

Thanks Mary.
Here is a album of my den project.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v288/sweetndeadly/?action=view&current=fec74ce4.pbw
My son has been home sick from school 2 days now so I am behind. I had hoped to finish scraping the ceiling by now. I am removing the acoustic texture. The shelving is not original but I am leaving it as it will come in quite useful for us. The sofa that has the blue cover on it is my current slip cover. It also reverses to white with green, same pattern. It won't go the greatest with my drapes and everything else but I will eventually replace it, when I find the right thing.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I love this thread--everyone's homes are so lovely!

Rick, your house is fantastic--add my voice to those begging for more pictures!

Great curtain material CherryRed--I'm on the lookout for 2 pair of floral barkcloth drapes for a decent price; they are so dear now.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
Thanks Mary.
Here is a album of my den project.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v288/sweetndeadly/?action=view&current=fec74ce4.pbw
My son has been home sick from school 2 days now so I am behind. I had hoped to finish scraping the ceiling by now. I am removing the acoustic texture. The shelving is not original but I am leaving it as it will come in quite useful for us. The sofa that has the blue cover on it is my current slip cover. It also reverses to white with green, same pattern. It won't go the greatest with my drapes and everything else but I will eventually replace it, when I find the right thing.

Wow your house has some nice original woodwork in it. That's a lot of work scraping off an acoustic ceiling. If you have enough material for drapes I would try to run them as close to the floor as possible. Can't wait to see the after pics!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe said:
Ohh pretty! Those will work great for drapes and go really well with your lamps;)

Mary

I have a pair of vintage barkcloth drapes in the same exact pattern in my spare room, except they are aqua and gray colored with red highlights.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
A few more photos of my new place in the old Sanger Department Store building from 1928 in downtown Fort Worth. I'm moving in this Wednesday. The previous tenant's stuff is all gone, and the new pure white paint has been applied. A blank canvas to work with!

1227811412_f70d68ef8c_o.jpg

1227811926_3d4faace13_o.jpg

1226952389_3535e80a92_o.jpg

1227812562_49803d55d8_o.jpg

This is the original 1928 maple wood floor, complete with the original marks from the department store still in it (they chose to leave them that way when redeveloping the building - adds character!)
1226953055_34fda032d6_o.jpg

Metal stairs.
1227813932_f8e29c89c2_o.jpg

My grandfather shows up in this one - helps to add scale, since it looks a lot smaller in photos:
1226954057_3a861d6aee_o.jpg

Views:
1227815066_bf6d74ff95_o.jpg

1227815708_9b58df8b05_o.jpg

1226956069_aad7a89e8b_o.jpg

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Bedroom:
1227817506_b83fa84674_o.jpg

1226959119_52c59666b9_o.jpg

Rooftop deck:
1227820808_9a79f39aa3_o.jpg

One of the ads in the lobby - I'll have to get photos of the others. They're all cool:
1226964235_03cd0e089d_o.jpg

The text at the very bottom reads:

"The beautiful new Sanger store, soon to be open - will be as cool as a resort by the sea, air cooled for your comfort."

The Sanger store in downtown Fort Worth was the first air-conditioned department store west of the Mississippi.

Rick S.

New in Town
FANTASTIC!

Love those views!

Can't wait to see what you do with the space. :eusa_clap

Would, it be too forward to ask, what the rents are there and the square footage? Is, it all rental or condo conversions as well?

rick

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Rick S. said:
FANTASTIC!

Love those views!

Can't wait to see what you do with the space. :eusa_clap

Would, it be too forward to ask, what the rents are there and the square footage? Is, it all rental or condo conversions as well?

rick

I don't mind at all! It's all rental in this particular building, though there are several condo developments in town.

My unit is a little over 840 square feet, and rents for $1,355/month. That includes water, one parking space in the underground garage, and all the building's amenities such as private underground parking, 24-hour security patrol and video monitoring, 24-hour concierge, valet dry cleaning, package pickup/delivery, 24-hour on-site management, free guest parking in the underground garage, discounted commercial electric rates, and discounted movie tickets to either of downtown Fort Worth's two movie theaters, the Sundance and the Palace.

There are only four available units at the moment (59 total - 53 in the Sanger Building, 6 in the adjoining Fakes Building next door), with square footages ranging from 840 sq. ft. to 2,004 sq. ft. and rents ranging $1,355 to $3,199/month.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
Wow Atomic that is an amazing space! And what great views! Okay the question is are you painting the walls??

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. Originally, the walls were off-white, but I had them redo them pure white after the last tenant moved out. Don't know if I'm going to be doing a lot of painting. I do plan on using the big white walls to showcase my photography.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
YAY!!

I just moved into my lil one bedroom apartment this weekend, and once I get all of my LOTS of stuff put away, I will surely post pictures of it. Although it is small, it is quite quaint!

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Just realized I forgot to put a decent exterior photo in that last post, so here it is:

892138423_4eb801ae2e_o.jpg

The Sanger Lofts is the redevelopment of the historic Sanger Department Store in downtown Fort Worth. Opened in 1929, the building was redeveloped in 1993 into 59 lofts. The exterior was fully restored and a new six floor was added, set back from the parapet so as to be invisible from the street and not affect the building's appearance (this sixth floor houses five penthouses with private decks, and another deck for the rest of the residents). The interior was converted to 53 lofts, with the adjoining Fakes Building being converted into 6 additional units. The ground floor retail space houses the Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau, Leddy's (a western wear/hat store), Pappagallo Classique (a lady's clothing store), Retro Cowboy (clothes and assorted items), and Starbucks. The basement houses the Circle Theater. The residential conversion was done by architect David M. Schwarz, who also designed the famed Bass Performance Hall down the street and several other downtown Fort Worth structures including the nearby Sundance West Apartments.

Travis

Suspended
Atomic Glee said:
Just realized I forgot to put a decent exterior photo in that last post, so here it is:

892138423_4eb801ae2e_o.jpg

The Sanger Lofts is the redevelopment of the historic Sanger Department Store in downtown Fort Worth. Opened in 1929, the building was redeveloped in 1993 into 59 lofts. The exterior was fully restored and a new six floor was added, set back from the parapet so as to be invisible from the street and not affect the building's appearance (this sixth floor houses five penthouses with private decks, and another deck for the rest of the residents). The interior was converted to 53 lofts, with the adjoining Fakes Building being converted into 6 additional units. The ground floor retail space houses the Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau, Leddy's (a western wear/hat store), Pappagallo Classique (a lady's clothing store), Retro Cowboy (clothes and assorted items), and Starbucks. The basement houses the Circle Theater. The residential conversion was done by architect David M. Schwarz, who also designed the famed Bass Performance Hall down the street and several other downtown Fort Worth structures including the nearby Sundance West Apartments.

There you go, making me jealous again. ;) In all seriousness though, awesome place you've got there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner