Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

decodoll

Practically Family
:) Those are some of my favourites too, Jitterbugdoll. I just realized one pattern is missing...loaned it to a friend.

And yes, Vanessa....I felt compelled to add McCall 4105 to my collection shortly after you got yours! lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Sewing patterns for wide legged pants

Hi Ladies,

I was browsing the new Fall patterns the other day and found Simplicity 4044, one of their "Retro" line. I'm excited to try this one out.

s4044.jpg

On the same topic, what is your favorite pattern (vintage or new) for wide legged "Hepburn" pants? I've yet to find one I really like--Folkwear's Hollywood pants came close but weren't all I wanted.

Best to all,

IOF

decodoll

Practically Family
The only let down for me with the new Simplicity pattern is that there is no waistband. Otherwise, they are very cute.

I am making the pants in the last link Jitterbugdoll posted right now, but the revised version that they made after the war started. The leg is slightly narrower. I've made the unrevised overall pattern before and was very happy with it. :)

I am currently scanning and putting my patterns online. Here are most of the trouser patterns in my collection. :)

decodoll

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
how -easy- are trousers to make?

I am a way way beginning sewer...but this might work in my quest for decent work clothes.....

The Simplicity 3322 is pretty easy, as are most of your basic trousers. With the 3322, you don't even have to put in a zipper. :)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
decodoll said:
The Simplicity 3322 is pretty easy, as are most of your basic trousers. With the 3322, you don't even have to put in a zipper. :)

I may have to go pick up the pattern then and have a try at them. The lack of waistband no zipper might be a good starting place...

Thanks for the info!

decodoll

Practically Family
Oh...I think I may have been a bit confusing there. The newly released pattern has a zipper but no waistband. The vintage one (Simplicity 3322) has a waistband, but no zipper. :)

You'll have to post your collection when you're ready! I love seeing other people's patterns. It is a fairly daunting job, though. :)

decodoll

Practically Family
Rosie said:
Decodoll, the Advance 5992, the one by Jeanne Campbell, is that an apron or an "outside" outfit? I LOVE it!

edit....reread your post! I think it is supposed to be an outside, kinda play or casual hostess outfit. :)

swinggal

One Too Many
I have the Simplicity 3322 overall pattern and wear the ones I made a lot. I used black linen which flows well with vintage mother of pearl buttonsfor contrast. I like to wear this dancing and out and about. It's very cute

Shimmy Sally

You must be on the same Simplicity email list that I am, imoldfashioned. I was sent examples of the retro line.
My favorite slacks pattern is one I made from rubbings of a vintage pair that fit me perfectly (back when I was slender).

decodoll

Practically Family
I'd love to see yours when you're finished, Lotita. I'm doing the revised one with the narrower leg in dark indigo denim and gold topstitching for a camping trip. Just have the waistband, buttons and hem still to do. :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Decodoll... Hehehe so would I! You are doing a lot more than I am. I am just making the slacks out of this ashy black soft suiting material (I can't remember what it is. Probably polyrayon). I have it cut out, but I still need to get the buttons. I completely forgot to do that when I bought the material. :( Post a photo of yours as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy