Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Vanessa

One Too Many
Caledonia - what a familiar looking pattern. :D I just picked this one up a couple weeks ago:

ab_1_b.JPG

Caledonia

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Caledonia... That 1st pattern is just my size... wink wink nudge nudge!

lol Not sure which you're referring to though. I think there was a wee problem with the lounge this morning - I was getting funny glitches. Do you mean the patterns above this post, or somewhere else.

Vanessa said:
Caledonia - what a familiar looking pattern. :D I just picked this one up a couple weeks ago:

ab_1_b.JPG

lol Girls with great taste! And Colleency, I loved the pintucks too. I haven't seen many with that feature at the bottom. I bet it'll feel really swishy once it's made up .:)

Shimmy Sally

These are all wonderful. You gals better use those patterns. As a professional seamstress, I get so frustrated by gals with huge collections who never use them! The patterns can be preserved by making a copy to use.
I'm looking over this pattern site right now: http://www.oldpatterns.com/
All my best clothing and pattern finds have been in the midwest; Iowa and Indiana.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I have an original of that one and made it up... kind of. I lost the directions, then couldn't figure out where the pieces went. It's pretty pointy... The tap pants are easy...but mine are also sitting half finished. You know that pattern that somehow you just never get around to finishing? That's this one for me :eek:

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
A few of mine:

47b6d911b3127cce8b93f236d5ef00000016108AatmbRq2ctP

47b6d911b3127cce8b93f232d5eb00000016108AatmbRq2ctP

47b6d911b3127cce8b93f230d5e900000016108AatmbRq2ctP

47b6d911b3127cce8b93f498547200000005108AatmbRq2ctP

These are all wonderful. You gals better use those patterns. As a professional seamstress, I get so frustrated by gals with huge collections who never use them! The patterns can be preserved by making a copy to use.

Because I have yet to learn to sew, I am one of the gals who collects patterns and doesn't use them. However, as a vintage enthusiast, I would rather someone collect the patterns and never use them then to simply throw them out, which I am sure happens quite a bit. Case in point: While visiting my favorite local shop yesterday, I got to see a new lot of stuff that had been brought in. There were some great pieces--a WWII army uniform and red cross uniform, a lot of baby clothes and day dresses--all of which had been abandoned in an old house. The person who was in charge of cleaning out the house was simply throwing everything away, until someone told her to stop, that the stuff she thought was junk was most certainly not. I don't even want to think about what she did throw out :mad:

ricki

Familiar Face
I put up most of my patterns on flicker: Here

(Let me know if that link doesn't work. I don't usually use Flickr to link to sets.)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
With all these great patterns... would anyone be interested in doing a pattern trade? As in you make me a copy of yours I'll make you a copy of mine and mail them off to each other? I don't know if that has been suggested before, but I think it would be sweet if we could share the patterns with others so they can make them without us having to give up the originals. Just an idea... [huh]

ricki

Familiar Face
I love vintage pants and jumpers (because they're both great for dancing and they're cute to boot!) Lately though I've noticed the clothes and patterns I've been buying have been more 30's and more dresses (especially with puffy sleeves.) Unfortunately, as many of you lovely ladies have noticed, some of those patterns are expensive!

Has anybody used vintage knitting or crochet patterns? Eventually I want to work my way up to making a repro sweater.

I think copying and sharing patterns is a great idea. I remember seeing posts on the Lounge about that but I can't find them. I want to try a few different methods. Most tracing paper seems to thick and unflexible to me. (It doesn't pin well)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
LolitaHaze said:
With all these great patterns... would anyone be interested in doing a pattern trade? As in you make me a copy of yours I'll make you a copy of mine and mail them off to each other? I don't know if that has been suggested before, but I think it would be sweet if we could share the patterns with others so they can make them without us having to give up the originals. Just an idea... [huh]

Frankly if anyone was prepared to make a copy of a pattern I would pay them for it! I am desperate to find a high waisted pants pattern after I tried on a pair in a vintage shop that were too big (and made of heavy denim), and I am too broke to buy a pair of custom ones from the only place I know who makes them over here. Keeping my eagle eye on ebay at the moment though, and everything is crossed! :)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Also, is it fairly easy to make something a little bigger in the waist? Most of the stuff that comes up that I like is a touch too small in the waist...like the two nice dresses I am watching right now!

decodoll

Practically Family
Yes, it's fairly easy. If buying a dress or top, buy your bust size and alter from there. If buying a skirt or trousers, buy your hip size and alter the waist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy