Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

wahine

Practically Family
I got a 1956 knitting pattern magazine on the flea market that'd really make me wanting to learn how to knit...

...if all of the models were on the pattern sheet! Unfortunately, there are only a few of them, probably the rest was to be mail-ordered. Plus, the instruction part is missing, which would it make impossible for someone like me who hasn't yet learned anything besides plain stitches, and that was more than 20 years ago.

I just love the hats! want, want , want to make some of them! *sigh*
The only hat pattern on the sheet is the top third from the left. :p

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Aww, to bad about the missing instructions. I hate when that happens. Constanze magazines sometimes achieve ridiculous prices on the bay (imho), so I hope you made a bargain! Maybe some of the pieces can also be made with fabric?

I purchased an issue of the pattern magazine "Deutsche Modenzeitung" from 1940 the other day on ebay. I´m totally excited about it as the price was still reasonable (although my most expensive magazine purchase so far) and I hope to find a nice dress pattern for a fabric I got from my grandma. It was a blind buy, as the seller only uploaded the cover. I´m showing pictures when the thing has arrived.

And you should definately learn how to knit, it´s easier than one might think and always worth it as soon as you own your first pattern magazine :).

Last edited:

wahine

Practically Family
I think it was a bargain, it was 1 €.
It's really hard to get reasonable prices at the bay these days, that's why I'm soo happy about having moved back to a city that has flea markets. yay!

Signs indeed point to me learning how to knit; I just got all my grandma's knitting stuff. ;)
If only I could get rid of the horrid memory of me, about 11 yrs old, knitting my first (and last) shawl - it got wider and wider and wider... and I never finished it :(

I cross my fingers for you that the Modezeitung turns out to be in perfect condition. And, please let us know when you make a dress of your grandma's fabric.

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
It´s arrived! The pictures are really huge, so I only give you the links and the cover:

modenzeitung10_1940_1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GG_C5cEvHTY/TkECzV6VDQI/AAAAAAAAARQ/F2tXQtbX9pA/s1600/modenzeitung10_1940_2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7YIUEneLVnU/TkEC3HFkRZI/AAAAAAAAARU/jvWGmBF5DYQ/s1600/modenzeitung10_1940_3.jpg - I´m possibly going for the purple dress on the right side. I hope I´ve got enough fabric after resizing the pattern.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1BN05ydjTE4/TkEC6UG67vI/AAAAAAAAARY/Hlt6hbWP8mU/s1600/modenzeitung10_1940_4.jpg

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
I know what you mean. I´ve seen many issues of the magazine and bid on others too but hoped to get this one. Without even knowing what´s inside, just because the cover illustration is so nice.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Thanks for the links HepKitty.

I love those costumes. If only I lived in a place with more fancy dress parties...

you're welcome :) I especially love 1, 2, 11, 19, 27, 40, and 42

me too, I live in ID where nothing happens. seriously, nothing lol

Last edited:

HepKitty

One Too Many
There are some great free patterns on that site, but when I click 'get it now' nothing happens at all! Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Did you sign up/log in? The site is a little flaky it's done that to me before too. Log in, open the link (your browser should hold your login info until you log out or reboot), click the get it now button, and it should take you to a list of patterns that you've viewed. Should be on top and give you links for get all instructions, print pattern at copy shop and print pattern at home. click on them and pdfs will open and you can save them. PM me if you need anything :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo