Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
ShrinkingViolet said:
I had planned to make this dress over the weekend, but I just realised there's a part missing ...
Although the pattern was sold to me as complete (ages ago) :mad:

wpt30s27550simpl3414.jpg

I thought it wouldn't harm to ask if anyone owns this pattern too and would be willing to copy the back bodice for me? Mine is size 16 but I could probably make it work with other sizes ... would make me so very happy! :)
I hat when that happens. I had to throw away pattern that was sold to me as complete. It was supposed to have 11 peices and only had 5 and at least one of those peices was from a different pattern. I usually check them right away but with my allergies being as they are I couldn't.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Thanks for your sympathy, Deadpan Diva. It really sucks! And the pattern wasn't cheap, either.
If this is a common problem, maybe we could set up a "dating/matchmaking service" for lost pattern parts?

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
Sorry if this post is huge. I have been collecting some lutteroh over the past year as I find it difficult to get vintage patterns in my size and I am not confident enough to size up patterns, so these are my solution. I know they can be expensive on ebay, but I have never paid a lot for mine, I have just been patient and bid on quiet days. But even the expensive books are worth it if you have the money, one of my books has 255 patterns and if you were buying those individually would be a fortune. Anyway less bore and more eye candy:- lol

lutter3.jpg

lutter.jpg

lutter2.jpg

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
I have made a few lutterloh patterns but not the ones shown. I made a couple of bras the other day which are in the "show us what you made" thread, but I do intend to make the green polka dot dress shown above soon, so I will post when I have finished.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooooohhhh.... I'm loving those. Always wanted to try Lutteroh, but haven't gotten the chance yet. I'm especially loving the strapless jumpsuit.

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
I'm especially loving the strapless jumpsuit.

Yeh, I for a moment thought I would try it, until I remembered that there is no way ever on this planet that unless I dropped a few stone I could ever look that good in it. Nevertheless a girl can dream, maybe one day..... :rolleyes:

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Lauren- great dress! I look forward to seeing it made up!

ShrinkingViolet- I hope you can track down that missing pattern piece because that is a fabulous dress!

I just bought this McCall pattern on Etsy.

IMG_4171.jpg

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
Lutterloh

I have some most excellent news!!!!! I had been scouring e-bay and internet used book stores for a retro fifties Lutterloh book in my price range with no luck (someone in CA has a $600 price tag on theirs, and there is one on Amazon for $355[huh] ). Well just today I decided to e-mail Frank Lutterloh and ask if they planned on re-releasing the vintage books and much to my surprise he sent a response right away saying it's a great idea and that they are working on it and to keep checking their website for the additions!!!:D :D :D

Since he didn't have an exact time frame I would have to believe they are in the beginning stages of the process but I will continue to check the site and of course report back here when anything becomes available.

Yay, I'm so excited.

Missy

sixsexsix

Practically Family
MissMissy said:
I have some most excellent news!!!!! I had been scouring e-bay and internet used book stores for a retro fifties Lutterloh book in my price range with no luck (someone in CA has a $600 price tag on theirs, and there is one on Amazon for $355[huh] ). Well just today I decided to e-mail Frank Lutterloh and ask if they planned on re-releasing the vintage books and much to my surprise he sent a response right away saying it's a great idea and that they are working on it and to keep checking their website for the additions!!!:D :D :D

Since he didn't have an exact time frame I would have to believe they are in the beginning stages of the process but I will continue to check the site and of course report back here when anything becomes available.

Yay, I'm so excited.

Missy

This is great news - thank you for sharing!!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Rockapin-up said:
Lovely pattern Lauren, are yon gonna make that for you big day?

Thanks! Nope, we're doing an Edwardian theme for the wedding, but I have it as an excuse to make a killer evening gown :D

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure if I'm in the right thread...

I don't know if this has been answered in another thread or in this one but where do you gals find your patterns? If it is eBay, what are your favorite searches/search words? I am having a terrible time finding 40's patterns for a bust size 38 or 40 especially blouse patterns. Please help! Thanks ;)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
If you google 'vintage patterns' you will find a number of independent sells online selling them. One of my favorite places is Woodland Farms Antiques.

Stores at Etsy.com have them.
Numbers of clusters of online vintage stores have them.
Check local flea markets.
I find searching on eBay depends on the era you are looking for. I do a general 'vintage pattern' search, then look through all the crap that brings up. You tend to find the best patterns by sifting.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points