Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SHOW US YOUR VINTAGE STINGYS ! (No New hats please Vintage only)

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Che, Does 60's count as vintage? This is a G.B. Borsalino Fu Lazzaro "Rex" with mode edge. Up until my new VS my favorite lid:

P1000691.jpg

P1000704.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mike Yup sure it is !
in the mid 60s the Crowns became more tapered though & most makers just started using a center crease on the crown...
I dig the edge on yours...,

RBH
yea i do mostly wear the brim up.. i even do it with a Stratoliner But i do when the Sun is at full blast Bring it down....
I think i started flipping it up or straight when i drove My hudsons they all had visors & i couldnt see with the brim down in front..sorta a chop top those old stepdowns
or when i started with stingys as a kid they all seemed to snap up..
RBH
I love the way you wear some snapped down all around like your new milan strat Now That Is Cool......i set mine up like yours.
this Vintage-Stingy thread is all about fun... Hey & it might get the Newbies Drawn in & expand or at least look for Vintage Well made Stingys

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
What a funny thread, Che! My contribution!
Not all but most!

stingy.jpg

Borsalino
Mayser Grand Prix
Hückel
Mayser
Mayser
Stetson
Stetson
verbano
Borsalino
Hückel
Habig
Royal Beaver

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Chepstow OMG !
Now thats a Candy store !
Ill have #1,2,3 & 6 Please oh and #10 also,,,,,,
Great Pics Looks like you & Dinerman Have a flock of Vintage-Stingys .
Thanks great Pics....
Come on out there, dig out your Daddy's Stingys

region4

New in Town
60s? beaver Churchill Ltd fedora with Cav-type edge. A bit too tapered for my liking but quite comfortable, though I might have to try raising the centre dent a notch as it noticeably flattens the hair atop my head when I wear it.
100_0761.jpg

100_0760.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Region4
Thats a nice color & cool wide ribbon.
Yea the 60's had the taper going . Not good for Pompadours i used to wear the older stingys due to the taller crowns when i had a huge Pompadour.....

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
Mostly wearing the straws in this weather, '50's Churchill Zurich 1 3/4" brim and Easy Livin' Coconut Palm 1 1/2" brim.
These stingies are light, cool, comfortable, and easy to hop in and out of compact cars etc. But let me break out some felts.
I always start with my smallest, '62 Resistol Telstar (named after the famous communications satellite) 3X Kitten Finish 1 3/4" brim, soft as velvet:

Last edited:

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
seabass, thanks, smilin' in the sun!
jlee, nice grey Resi' there! All my Resistol KF's have the Cavanagh type edge as well as my Churchill. It seems to have been standard for their upper line hats since the 1950's. '60's Resistol 990 3X Kitten Finish 1 7/8" brim:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Much Nicer those stingys with a good teardrop bash....
the mid 60's seemed when the Buttcheek's (Deep center creases) started seem' like a standard for todays modern hats plenty of taper & center creases but not a deep center crease..................

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
Ah, 1959 the year of my birth... I'm just glad my father kept his last few from then to get me started. My favorite for fit and lightweight cool weather wear is my c. 1960 Resistol New Era 5X Kitten Finish in Cinder Brown:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/dsc00040small.jpg/

I agree, I put a teardrop bash into most every one I get a hold of, I like the way it lowers the crown in proportion to the brim and gives a more '30's - '40's style look to the '50 - '60's hats.
Good thread seabass!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana