Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SHOW US YOUR VINTAGE STINGYS ! (No New hats please Vintage only)

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
How often do you get 2 "new" vintage hats in one day and both of them turn out to be in superb condition? First time for me! the first is a Champ "Superjet" in Feather Weight greenish-brown felt, color is called Harmony Tan. Grosgrain bound brim is 2". I blame a fellow unnamed Lounger who preyed on an innocent victim (me) and sold me this hat unsolicited. Thanks Randall! :) It's a long oval so just a bit loose.

IMG_0112.jpg

Best color rendition
IMG_0113.jpg

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
The 2nd is a Portis I hooked out of the bay. A bit surprised I was the only bidder. It was listed as charcoal and looked gray in the listing. It's actually more like a dark taupe with hints of purple. "Breeze-Lux" light weight felt, brim is 1 7/8". Looks like it was never worn, also came with a Portis box. Perfect fit.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Manfred, you should know what nice condition looks like! All yours previously posted look great. I was so happy about them I mixed myself a martini and toasted my luck.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice one RFF, what's the brand? Think if you halved the ribbon width and went with a lighter shade of brown (like tan maybe) it would really set it off.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mayser W !
the Huckel stingy is the best stingy i have ever seen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
& i have seen some nice ones but this is Special.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The 2nd is a Portis I hooked out of the bay. A bit surprised I was the only bidder. It was listed as charcoal and looked gray in the listing. It's actually more like a dark taupe with hints of purple. "Breeze-Lux" light weight felt, brim is 1 7/8". Looks like it was never worn, also came with a Portis box. Perfect fit.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Aaah! I just finished posting a comment about this elusive favorite color of mine! Beautiful lid, Mike!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
1 5/8" Champ (just sold)

011copyn.jpg

1 3/4" Wormser

0032tr.jpg

1 3/4" anonymous blue bowler

010udl.jpg

2 1/8" all the way around the curl makes a pretty stingy homburg (Resistol)

010sai.jpg

And let me add, Steve, that your Huckel is astoundingly superb! Man!
I tend to avoid stingies most of the time, but I'm warming up to ones that are blocked nice and high and square like that one.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice Batch bowlerman, especially like the bowler and homburg. My Portis is pretty tame by Portis standards but the color is great and changes by the light. I love the thing.

Nice Marathon Tom, can't tell if it's gray, blue, or black though. Maybe none of the above?

I just scored a nifty Huckel this morning I'll post here as soon as it flys in from Germany.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points