Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show your Langlitz

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
Hi chevalier, I'm glad you're happy with the jacket and I'm sure as it gets a bit more wear you will enjoy it even more. I know that's what's happening with my cascade.
I didn't think you has specified an aggressive sport riding fit, on a columbia!! Maybe on a cascade or a crescent, that's just my take on it.
I would wear a columbia on my harley and the other two on my speed triple or a sports bike.
Look forward to seeing some more pics as you get some more wear on it. Enjoy the journey. Peter.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
This set is long gone.

10 pocket padded Columbia with Westerns. I had just gotten home from a weekend of riding and debauchery with the riding club when the kid snapped this photo. I edited the less than advantageous hand gesture. :D

AHNvJo0h.jpg

WpkYezdh.jpg

Last edited:

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
Great looking and fitting jacket, looks so much better with the padding on the shoulders not going round any further. Perfect.
Also love the contrast stitching.

First Langlitz really makes it clear it's something else you've got. The range of motion, the way it feels worn... To me personally, the only comparable maker is Bates.

RMF308

One of the Regulars
@Canuck Panda Congratulations.. that Cascade looks and fits superbly! It’s difficult to tell in your pics if this is black or blue , and what color the contrasting thread color is? What were the custom details in your order?

I just was at their shop a couple weeks ago and was measured up for a straight zip Timberline but this Cascade has me rethinking maybe my choices… wait times right now are 10 months. Thanks again for posting pics.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Great looking and fitting jacket, looks so much better with the padding on the shoulders not going round any further. Perfect.
Also love the contrast stitching.
Thanks! And yes, the padding on the Langlitz is very different. It's only for the quilted effect. The beefy two layers of cowhide is doing all the heavy lifting.

@Canuck Panda Congratulations.. that Cascade looks and fits superbly! It’s difficult to tell in your pics if this is black or blue , and what color the contrasting thread color is? What were the custom details in your order?

I just was at their shop a couple weeks ago and was measured up for a straight zip Timberline but this Cascade has me rethinking maybe my choices… wait times right now are 10 months. Thanks again for posting pics.
It's Navy Blue. Here is some outside pics in grey morning: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-jacket-are-you-wearing-today.82949/post-2913974

That's great you got fitted in person. Their system works. I followed their ordering packet and send them my body measurements. Scott got back to me with some questions and I sent him additional photos of my body shots to confirm the front / back length. Their fit systems works. I went through the same fit process with Lewis but it came out a bit long in the front for riding length and the old style wool pads messed with my sleeve length. Langlitz were spot on on both. None of my online MTM has come even close. Hence I was impressed. I wished I had the opportunity to visit their shop one day.

The leather / thread specs on my Cascade:
IMG_7223.jpg

And the leather with some rain on it:
IMG_0903.JPG

It's waxy Thick Cowhide. Very natural full grain. The Navy color is very similar to the Midnight Horween CXL that Aero uses. There is some green in it. Very robust leather. The jacket weighs 6.8 lbs.

Langlitz is the real deal. Westcoast makers. Solid.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The Hype is REAL!

I am a new convert.

Came home with a best surprise for a very long time. Just WOW!

View attachment 420056
View attachment 420057
View attachment 420058
View attachment 420059
View attachment 420060
View attachment 420061
View attachment 420062
View attachment 420063
View attachment 420064

I am literally speechless at the moment. Will add more words later when I calm down... Speechless...
that is the best fitting langlitz I've ever seen, great fitting from the back too

01flhr

One of the Regulars
that jacket looks outstanding and they nailed the fit. mackin: i cant tell, is that a cascade? i cant see the waist to know which model it is.

Edward

Bartender
Some very nice jackets on here. Langlitz have an aesthetic all their own, there's almost a brutality to it, which quite appeals. Never handled on in person. Might be tempted to stop by their premises if I'm ever in the area, though.

ChrisCorner

New in Town
A great selection of jackets. I’ve always liked Langlitz jackets and am sitting here with their catalog. Has anyone here imported one into the UK since Brexit etc. I’ve looked online but not been able to find much about Customs and UK Taxation. The jackets are expensive, and I don’t what to find some hidden bill I wasn’t expecting. Keep on posting those pictures of these excellent jackets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112