Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show your NRA (National Recovery Act) branded items!

Miss Hattie

Familiar Face
How interesting I was quite ignorant of the NRA stuff until I stumbled across this thread:eek: (All have permission to slap my hand!) I learn something new every time I visit the lounge….. don’t think I have any bits’n bobs with the mark on though. Having said that I have plenty of the British 40’s/early 50’s CC41 control mark. Maybe that could be a new thread? I certainly could contribute then! ;)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great items all! I know people out there have more.

IMG_0239.jpg

I got these for 99¢
The NRA label is a sticker.

IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg

Another button.

LD

Dagwood

Practically Family
A tie - I put it on a piece of paper so it would stand out. NRA tag is literally hanging by a thread.

pict0071ne0.jpg
pict0073ww9.jpg

pict0072dy9.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great stuff everyone!

My goal has been to find NRA items under $10.

This was $5 Once it airs out, Im going to use it to store my hankies.

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

LD

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Is this vintage? Check the lower left corner.
therocketeeradventuremand5.jpg

By wolfmysteries at 2008-11-10

I remember when I saw this in the comic store and remarked a loud "Wow, the NRA symbol!". The person working looked confused. For clarification I said "You know, the National Recovery Act." More confusion. I shut up and paid my money and went home with the comic.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
I have a few things, but no pictures of them, only of my pattern book:

CIMG3309.jpg

I'll be getting some 30's patterns in the mail soon, probably from the NRA time period but they're from Austrailia, so I'm sure they won't have NRA symbols on them...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yeah Miss Sis, 'do your part' ;)

Another pattern.

197946935_o.jpg

This almost went unbid-ed (new word), the seller didnt list the NRA insignia. But I got it, after a bit of a bid off with another bidder.

Dont stand in my way on patterns! :D

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Forgotten Man said:
Wow! That tux is something! I've seen other tuxes that are NRA but, never a shawl collar job like that... and they seem to be a little narrow for the period... just goes to show that the more you know about an era's fashion, the less you know about the era's fashion! lol

Ditto that! I found one that was double breasted once with clear suspenders that I sold to a friend, but I saw a tux like the one above at an antique show this last weekend that was late 19-teens. Maybe it was made for an older gentleman? Never know! I've seen lots of 30s fashions mimicking edwardian stylings.

I should probably take pics of my NRA stuff. But I'm lazy. Maybe this weekend... Usually I just look for 30s stuff and when it comes with an NRA logo I get a happy surprise :)

Pattern above is cute- I have one almost identical from 1934, but it's from McCall and they didn't print NRA insignia on their patterns- I think only Simplicity and Mail Order companies did- the others usually printed it on their pattern hand outs.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Yes, LD, I WILL 'do my part' - soon. I need to take some pics in daylight to get the best pics and I'm never home during the day. Even the weekend weather is conspiring against me. Curses! (shakes fist to the sky). I like your pattern. It's a nice housedress, a sort of pattern I don't have.

Lauren, I'm the same. Don't particularly look out NRA or CC41 (British) items but it's a handy dating tool if something has it. I too just have an obsession with all things 1930s!

Liking seeing everyone's NRA stuff.

mike

Call Me a Cab
I'll have to take some pictures, but I have an NRA original armband, a lapel pin, a tagged pink & black tie and a newspaper centerfold poster of Charlie Chaplin reunited with Jackie Coogan 10 years after their film, THE KID (the poster has an NRA logo in the bottom left corner)

Inky

One Too Many
Dating NRA Labels

Hello all! It's fascinating to see these items with their NRA labels and markings. I've learned so much from FL!

I purchased a clutch-style coat recently and I was wondering how you can tell what era it is from based on the NRA label. Sadly this is the best photo of one side of the label I could get today.

One side has a round seal that says "National Recovery Board" with "Coat and Suit Industry" in the center, and the numbers 119409.

The other side of the label (and I couldn't get a good shot of that at all) says "Consumer Protection Label," with a small rectangle with "PFG" inside it and below that is "Manufactured Under Fair Labor Standards."

3075985262_bcd0781025.jpg

Here is the coat and the manufacturer's label:

3075152563_d528bd0711.jpg

3075152347_9d91ebf209.jpg

Edited to add: I just found a better picture of a similar label at the Vintage Fashion Guild. They state this label was in use from the mid 1930's to the mid 1960's, but the labels posted in this thread are different with the eagle.

Any and all info always appreciated - help me learn :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The NRA label with the eagle is specifically datable from 1933-1935.

Anything pre or post, go by the union tag numbers, the manufacture or even by the style of the garment.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn